This post may include affiliate links, which means I may make a commission on purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
I’m not a ‘good sleeper’ (unlike my husband who is a sleeping machine!). I discovered a while ago that the combination of lavender and frankincense essential oils helps me settle down and get to sleep so I used to diffuse them almost every night. Unfortunately, my diffuser broke recently (womp-womp) and all the outlets in our room are full right now, anyway so we can play soothing background music to help block out ambient noise for LG.
That’s why I decided to make and share this delicious lavender frankincense pillow mist recipe! It is so incredibly easy that even I had time to make it as a new mom. 😉
Just in case you’re curious, Hypnobabies I used.
I really, really enjoyed the add-on “Peaceful Sleep Now for Expectant Mothers” track and continue to use the “Peaceful Sleep for All” track, but just the background music is much better for looping all night.
There is also an extended version of the track available on Spotify if you’re looking for some relaxing background music. But enough of that, let’s get to the pillow mist recipe!
Ingredients for lavender frankincense pillow mist
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- If you don’t have frankincense, chamomile is a nice, soothing oil to use, instead.
- You can cut the oil concentration in half for a more dilute mixture, if you’d prefer. I don’t apply this directly to my skin, but if you do, you might want to lower the concentration if you use it every day.
- 1 tablespoon unscented witch hazel
- Distilled or freshly boiled & cooled water
- 2 oz amber or cobalt blue glass spritz bottle (the colored glass helps protect the essential oils from degradation.)
- A dopper or pipette, optional
Alright, are you ready for the easiest tutorial ever?
How to make lavender & frankincense pillow mist
Carefully pour one tablespoon of witch hazel into your spritz bottle.
Add the essential oils. This can be done using a pipette or dropper, if you find that easier.
Fill with distilled or freshly boiled & then cooled water.
Spritz your pillow before bedtime and enjoy as the soothing scents help you drift to sleep. Shake gently to combine before use.
I don’t have any label paper so I used a couple of pieces of wash tape and a marker to make a cute little label! I also have some permanent India ink spray in similar bottles (from this project here) so I don’t want to mix them up.
And there you have it! A sweet smelling, super easy lavender frankincense pillow mist recipe to help you drift off to dreamland in delicious style. Like all that alliteration?
If you like essential oils, you’ll love these tutorials, too!
Do you use a pillow mist? What’s your favorite essential oil scent combination for nighttime?
More Related Posts
- 17+ Free Printable Four Leaf Clover & Shamrock Templates
- Easy Hot Glue Mermaid Tail Necklace Tutorial
- Easy Polymer Clay Antler Necklace Tutorial – DIY Woodland Necklace
- How to Make and Use a Gratitude Jar
Natasha is a former classroom teacher turned WAHM. She also is a registered yoga teacher and certified life coach. She shares her passion for education with craft tutorials and free printables. She also shares her experience moving through grief after losing a parent and passion for positive parenting. Learn more about Natasha and where she’s been featured.