This lavender frankincense pillow mist recipe will have you drifting off to sleep in no time!
I’m not a ‘good sleeper’ (unlike my husband who is a sleeping machine!). I discovered a while ago that the combination of lavender and frankincense essential oils helps me settle down and get to sleep so I used to diffuse them almost every night. Unfortunately, my diffuser broke recently (womp-womp) and all the outlets in our room are full right now, anyway so we can play soothing background music to help block out ambient noise for LG.
That’s why I decided to make and share this delicious lavender frankincense pillow mist recipe! It is so incredibly easy that even I had time to make it as a new mom. 😉
This post may include affiliate links, which means I may make a commission on purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Ingredients for lavender frankincense pillow mist
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- If you don’t have frankincense, chamomile is a nice, soothing oil to use, instead.
- You can cut the oil concentration in half for a more dilute mixture, if you’d prefer. I don’t apply this directly to my skin, but if you do, you might want to lower the concentration if you use it every day.
- 1 tablespoon unscented witch hazel
- Distilled or freshly boiled & cooled water
- 2 oz amber or cobalt blue glass spritz bottle (the colored glass helps protect the essential oils from degradation.)
- A dopper or pipette, optional
Alright, are you ready for the easiest tutorial ever?
How to make lavender & frankincense pillow mist
Carefully pour one tablespoon of witch hazel into your spritz bottle.
Add the essential oils. This can be done using a pipette or dropper, if you find that easier.
Fill with distilled or freshly boiled & then cooled water.
Spritz your pillow before bedtime and enjoy as the soothing scents help you drift to sleep. Shake gently to combine before use.
I don’t have any label paper so I used a couple of pieces of wash tape and a marker to make a cute little label! I also have some permanent India ink spray in similar bottles (from this project here) so I don’t want to mix them up.
And there you have it! A sweet smelling, super easy lavender frankincense pillow mist recipe to help you drift off to dreamland in delicious style. Like all that alliteration?
If you like essential oils, you’ll love these tutorials, too!
Do you use a pillow mist? What’s your favorite essential oil scent combination for nighttime?
More Related Posts
- Embossed Air Hardened Clay Ornaments Tutorial
- Mermaid Earring Tutorial – DIY Polymer Clay Mermaid Earrings & Necklace
- How to Make Easy Paper Mache Bowls
- Upcycled Honey Jar Organizer – Cottage Chic Painted Glass Jar Tutorial
Natasha is a former classroom teacher turned WAHM. She also is a registered yoga teacher and certified life coach. She shares her passion for education with craft tutorials and free printables. She also shares her experience moving through grief after losing a parent and passion for positive parenting. Learn more about Natasha and where she’s been featured.