This free printable wedding word scramble with answer key is a fun bridal shower activity! Allow your guests to fill them out at their own pace or set a timer to see who can unscramble the most words in just a few minutes.
This word scramble printable is budget-friendly with only black ink and features elegant script fonts so it fits your budget without looking “budget.”
This game is easy to print, fun to play, and includes an answer key so you can have an enjoyable, pretty bridal shower. Make sure to download your matching free printable bridal shower bingo, too.
How to print and use your bridal shower word scramble
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
1. Download your PDF printable (download link is lower down in the post).
2. Print as many copies as you need. Make sure you only print one copy of the answer key and keep it to yourself!
You can print one copy to a page or with two game boards per page. If you print 2 up, you’ll need to cut the page in half.
You can print on regular printer paper, but it’s not the nicest. I recommend using 32# HP premium printer paper for a lovely game you’re proud to hand to your guests. This paper is incredibly bright white thanks to added whitening agents. It’s a perfect fit for a bridal shower! A pearl cardstock would look gorgeous, but you’d need to supply your guests with Sharpie marker pens to write on it.
You can see the incredible difference using nice paper makes in this post detailing the best paper for printables.
- Made in USA - HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America. See images.
- Optimized for HP technology - All HP Papers provide premium performance on HP equipment, as well as on all other printer and copier equipment. 100%...
- Heavyweight premium printing - HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32lb), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
3. Play! There are two different suggestions for ways to play below.
How to print 2 up
It’s easy to print two up, or two to a page, from your letter-sized PDF.
The two most commonly used PDF readers are Adobe Acrobat Reader (free to download, if you don’t have it already) and Preview, which comes installed with Mac OS.
In Acrobat Reader, you’ll need to pick the “multiple” button in the print dialogue box. Then select 2 from the dropdown menu next to “pages per sheet” and ensure the “page order” is set to Horizontal:
In Preview, just select 2 from the dropdown menu for “copies per page:”
How to play a word scramble bridal shower game
There are two fun, face-paced ways to play this bridal shower word scramble game. You can just have your guests fill it out at their leisure, but it isn’t as exciting that way.
- Hand each shower guest a copy of the game, face down, and a pen. Set a timer for 2-5 minutes (you decide), have everyone flip their game over at the same time, and solve the puzzle until the timer sounds. The person with the most correct answers wins.
- For longer gameplay, have all the guests start unscrambling words at the same time but keep going until someone figures out all of the answers. This may take longer unless you have a super puzzle solver at your shower because this game can be surprisingly tricky!
Free printable bridal shower word search
Okay, let’s get to the free printable word scramble and answer key!
This game is available for personal use. This means you’re welcome to use it as many times as you’d like for wedding showers you are personally helping to organize.
You are not licensed to redistribute the digital files or printouts to others for showers they are organizing. Even though you’re getting this game for free, please do not pass it along to others. Instead, send friends the link to this post so they can download their own copies. Thank you!
Your download links are located below the preview image. The files are separate to prevent issues with printing so please download both. Links should open in a new window and begin downloading automatically from DropBox. Please authorize DropBox downloads if a popup appears asking for permission.
I hope you enjoy and remember to Pin this post now to your bridal shower board so you can find it again later!
Natasha Núñez is a former classroom teacher with a Masters of the Arts in Teaching. She also is a registered yoga teacher & holds a certificate in natural skincare formulation from the School of Natural Skincare. She shares her passion for education, positive parenting, free printables, and recipes for DIY bath & home products. Learn more about Natasha and where she’s been featured.