These free Happy New Year printable party hats are a fun way to make your own hats for New Year's Eve! There are five different designs to pick from, and all of them are family-friendly. I hope you enjoy!
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Why buy expensive party hats for your ball drop watching at home when you can make your own cute hat at home?
This New Year's hat craft is a fun way for kids of all ages to practice their fine motor skills and exercise their creativity. It's a great craft for New Year's Eve or New Year's day.
The hats fit well on a child's head, but they also fit adult heads so make sure to print a copy for each family member!
Table of Contents
How to make free printable New Year's Eve party hats
This set of free printable templates includes three black and white and two color designs. You'll need most of the same materials to make either version.
- Your free printable PDF files (look for the row of purple arrows pointing at the download button)
- Printer access and paper or card stock
- Scissors and a hobby knife (optional but very helpful)
- Tape or hot glue (optional but recommended)
- Ribbon, string, stretchy cord, etc. to make ties
- Pipe cleaners or ribbons (optional, to make pom poms on top)
- Pencils, crayons, etc. for coloring
Hats are most durable when you use card stock, but easier to put together when you use a heavyweight paper like my favorite HP 32# paper. I used 32# paper for the sample hats shown in this post.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
- 🎨 12 COLORS METALLIC DOUBLE LINE MARKERS - Metallic silver line markers with 12 vibrant colors: black, silver, green, sky blue, light blue, purple,...
- 🎨 WIDE USE - These double outliner drawing markers are great for arts, crafts, school projects, coloring, stamping, Gift cards, Greeting cards,...
- 🎨 EASY TO USE - With the cap on, shake the marker well to mix the ink. Take off the cap and gently press down the tip on the surface a few times to...
Learning Center members do not need to keep scrolling to the download button. Just log in for instant access to this file in the craft templates section!
Not a Learning Center member yet? Gain instant access to hundreds of printables when you join today.
First, get your digital download from lower down in the post.
Next, print the pages you want. Make sure to print a page for each party guest or member of your family! If your printer does not support marginless printing, make sure to select "scale to fit" so nothing is cut off.
Color your hats, if you picked a black and white version.
Cut out your hat template.
Scissors are fine for cutting the New Year's party hat outline, but a hobby knife is better for cutting the slit needed to assemble the hat. If you don't have a hobby knife, you could use small, sharp scissors or the tip of a kitchen knife.
Assemble your cone hats by gently bending the hat shape and inserting the tabs through the slit in the side of the hat, as shown below. Add a few pieces of clear tape, or use hot glue, to hold the hat securely shut.
If you'd like, you can use pipe cleaners, ribbons, yarn, or even something like a Christmas bow to add a pompom to the top of the hat. Lightly curled ribbon is a really fun choice! We did not put ribbon on our hats because it makes the cat way too interested in them.
Tape, tie, or hot glue ribbons, stretchy string, or yarn to each side of the hat to make a tie to hold the hat in place.
The finish size of your hat will be about 5 ⅜" tall and 4 ⅝" across at the base.
New Year's Eve party hat previews
There are five different New Year's party hats included in your PDF file. Three in color and two in black and white. Here's a look at what you're getting:
NYE Party hat printables download area
This New Years hat craft is licensed for personal use and single classroom use. This includes use with library activities, occupational therapy, etc.
You are not licensed to redistribute or sell the print outs or digital files to other for use with their party, activity, etc. Please refer friends and colleagues to this post so they can download their own copies.
I hope you enjoy your New Year's hats! Please leave a comment and let me know if there are other fun ideas for party hats you'd like to see in the future.