These dinosaur theme number order puzzles are fun for preschoolers, pre-k, and kindergarteners. Grab free printable dino themed number sequence puzzles with numbers 1-5, 1-10, skip counting, and blank versions to help your child learn their numbers and practice math concepts.
These dinosaur number building puzzles are fun and simple to use. Your child builds the picture and counts along. Because there are so many options to pick from, it’s easy to differentiate instruction with these counting puzzles. Use the puzzles appropriate to your child’s current level and use the blank versions to create customized puzzles. You can even write on these blank write-on building puzzles to practice sight word sentences.
My daughter loves dinosaurs, so there are lots of dino themed free posts here on The Artisan Life. If you have a dino-lover in your family, be sure to check out these additional posts:
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to print and use number order puzzles
Number order puzzles are a fun, low-prep way to help your little learner practice their counting skills. Your child will be having fun counting and learning with these dinosaur puzzles in just a few minutes!
- Your free printable PDF. Download information is lower down in the post.
- Printer access and paper
- I recommend 32lb bright white paper because it’s heavier duty than normal copy paper and prints nicer, brighter pictures. It’s also eco-friendly because HP produces all of their papers without deforestation. For a look at this paper in a side-by-side comparison with several other options, please visit this post on the best paper for printables.
- Laminator and laminating pouches, optional but helpful.
- Use these puzzles time and again when they’re laminated. You can also write and erase site word sentences or your own number patterns on the blank versions.
- Paper trimmer/cutter or scissors. A paper trimmer is much easier and faster, but you can use scissors.
How to prepare and use number building puzzles:
First, grab your printable PDF files. The download is lower down on the page – look for the large blue image that reads “click here to download your printable.”
Print your pages. I always print color printables on 32 lb bright white paper. If I’m going to use my ink, I want the pictures to look their best!
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Optimized for HP technology: All HP Papers provide premium performance on HP equipment, as well as on all other printer and copier equipment. 100%...
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
Next, laminate the puzzle pages. This is optional, but highly recommended. I almost always laminate printables. If you want these number order puzzles to be part of a classroom math center or to be used more than a time or two, laminating is a must. An at home laminator pays for itself quickly.
- #1 Laminating Brand*
- Laminates items up to 9 inches wide
- Two heated rollers create high quality professional, bubble and wrinkle-free results
Cut the puzzles into strips. This is easiest to do with a guillotine-style paper cutter, especially for laminated pages. I prefer to use my paper trimmer if my daughter is around because it’s safer. It isn’t as great for laminated pages and I do have to replace my blade every few months, but it works.
Cutting the pieces by hand can be good scissor/cutting skill practice for kindergarteners. Make sure to to use round-nosed scissors and always supervise your child. We use these small Fiskars scissors for cutting activities.
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of crafting materials including paper, photos, scrapbook pages or specialty materials
- Widest base on the market (6 1/4 inch) makes card cutting easier than ever
- Sure Cut wire cut-line makes it easy to see where blade will cut for unmatched accuracy
Finally, have your child build away and practice counting!
Free printable Dinosaur Day number order puzzles
There are 7 different pages of number building puzzle so you can differentiate instruction:
- 1-5 (two different dino images)
- 1-10 (two different dinosaurs)
- 10-100 counting by 10’s
- Skip counting by 2’s 2-20
- Skip counting by 3’s 3-30
- Blank with five pieces (great for short sentences!)
- Blank with 10 pieces
All nine pages are conveniently located in one PDF. The download information is lower down in the post.
I know you want to see exactly what you’re getting before you download, so here’s a look at the pages:
1-5 number building puzzles
1-10 number order puzzles
Skip counting by 2’s number puzzle
Skip counting by 3’s number puzzle
Skip counting by 10’s puzzle
Blank building puzzles with 5 and 10 pieces
Number order puzzle download area
Like all preschool printables on The Artisan Life, these are for personal and single classroom use. You are welcome to print and use them as many time’s as you’d like for your own children, students, Scout group, therapy clients, etc. You are not licensed redistribute or sell the printables to others for use with their children/students. Please refer your friends and colleagues to this post so they can download their own copies.
I hope your little learner enjoys using these fun dinosaur number puzzles! Be sure to check out these additional resources for your little dino-lover: