Discover the best frog toys for toddlers and gifts for toddlers who love frogs!
My daughter has recently become fascinated by frogs. She loves finding the frogs in her books, pointing, and proclaiming “nana!” (She’s bilingual and, like most little kids, doesn’t say the letter r. Frog in Spanish is rana, so nana is her word for frog.)
As part of our Montessori-inspired philosophy of parenting, we try to “follow the child.” In other words, we watch for her natural interests and explore them. This has me looking for frog books and toys for toddlers! Today I’m sharing my top picks with these best frog toys for toddlers. I hope you enjoy!
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may make a commission on purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Stuffed frog toys
Our LG also loves stuffed animals, so naturally I started by looking at stuffed frog toys!
When buying a stuffed animal for an energetic toddler, it pays off to go with a trusted brand that you know will last. Two of my favorite stuffed animal brands (both for overall quality and their softness!) are Jellycat and Aurora. Luckily, both have cute stuffed frog toys!
This Jellycat stuffed frog is so super soft fluffy!
Aurora also has several stuffed frogs to pick from! My daughter absolutely loves this cuddly Aurora stuffed frog. She started pointing excitedly at my computer screen and shouting “nana!” when she saw this photo on my computer (even though she knows exactly what this stuffed frog looks like in real life!)
For a more realistic stuffed frogs (and realistic stuffed animals of all kinds), Wild Republic is always a great choice!
- Hop, leap, and jump from tree to tree with our Red Eyed Tree Frog stuffed animal.
- This cuddly plush toy measures 12 inches long, a great addition to any zoo animal lover’s collection.
- Our plush animal is surface washable for easy cleaning from all of life’s messes.
Frog toys for toddlers
This ball from Hape has several animals, not just frogs, on it. I know a lot of toddlers love balls and I appreciate that this ball is only 4.5 inches and perfectly sized for little hands!
- Your little sport will sure get a "kick" out of this cushy animal friends play ball!
- Easy to clean cover is made of plastic, filling is polyester. Measures 4.5" in diameter and about 12.5" in circumference.
- Kick it, roll it, throw it! No matter how you spin it, ball play provides key benefits that are an important part of the developmental progression...
Maybe this MAM frog teether isn’t quite a ‘toy,’ but I still wanted to include it! Whenever her gums are hurting, LG still loves her teething rings. Sometimes even when I can’t see a tooth coming in, I’ll hand her a teether if she’s cranky and it almost always does the trick for at least a few minutes!
- RELIEVES TEETHING SYMPTOMS IN BABIES 4+ MONTHS: Our MAM Friends teether is a durable and multi-textured teething toy designed to soothe aching gums...
- STIMULATES SENSORY DEVELOPMENT: Variety of colors, shapes and textures on the teether works to stimulate baby’s senses and help develop hand-eye...
- HANDMADE FROM NATURAL RUBBER: MAM Friends teething toys are handcrafted from our natural rubber hevea trees in Thailand and made from 100% baby safe,...
For the serious frog lover you want to spoil, this frog rocker would be so much fun!
- Our rockers are made to last decades, not just years. They are sponge washable and easy to maintain.
- The rockers average 24"L x 12"W x 17"H in their shipping box, so the actual size is slightly smaller than that to fit in our box. They are designed...
- Each rocker features four educational songs, written composed and performed by Rockabye.
I discovered the Little Balancing Frogs Game in a Montessori catalogue. It’s on our Christmas list this year, so I’ll do an update to this post after the holidays! It has fantastic reviews so I’m sure it will be a success.
- Build the best frog pond ever, balance your frog on lily pad towers without letting them fall into the pond
- Can you build a lily pad tower without it falling over? Take turns adding to the pond and test your skills
- Contains 2 cardboard interlocking game boards, 3 frog figurine toys, 15 big tokens, 15 small tokens, and 4 wooden lilypad towers
Learn from my mistake! If you’re not already an Ebates member, sign up free today for cash back at retailers like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. I cringe whenever I think about all the money I left on the table because I just signed up recently. #facepalm.
Frog bath toys
When it comes to bath toys, I always try to go with brands I trust because too many cheap bath toys are made with vinyl containing PVC.
According to experts, PVC is not safe at any point in its lifecycle. Manufacturing and disposing of PVC releases hazardous chemicals, so it’s important to avoid products with PVC whenever possible for adults and children, alike.[efn_note]https://safebabyhealthychild.com/how-dangerous-is-pvc-in-toys-weve-got-the-answers-from-the-expert/[/efn_note]
These Haba squirting bath toy frogs would be great in a bath, pool, or water table!
It isn’t available on Amazon, but Haba also has a finger puppet frog in a boat bath toy.
This floating bath frog from Hape looks like another winner! It’s definitely on our wishlist. I’ve never been disappointed with a toy from Hape.
- Can float on the water's surface, or be attached to smooth surfaces using suction cups
- Includes circle, semi-circle, triangle, and butterfly shapes with insect graphics that can be inserted into the back
- Comes with attached net for easy storage
Related: PVC-free shower curtains
Wood frog toys
As regular readers know, I’m a huge fan of wood toys! You can read more about my favorite non-toxic wood toys for toddlers if you’d like to see some of our LG’s top picks!
I was so thrilled to find a couple frog toys from Hape, one of my favorite wood toy brands!
This wood frog pull along toy opens and closes its mouth as your little one pulls it across the floor!
- WOODEN FLY-EATING FROG: This happy pull along frog toy opens and shuts its mouth when pulled by the cord. Is he trying to catch flies or maybe sing to...
- TAKE-ALONG COMPANION: The toy encourages children to crawl by pulling the frog out front. When they learn to walk, they can take him on adventures
- LEARN TO WALK: The frog-themed pull toy is great for encouraging children to crawl and a great companion when they start to walk or run around the...
This wood frog puzzle would be a great choice for an older toddler.
To make a puzzle more engaging, demonstrate its use a couple times, but store the pieces in a basket or tray next to the puzzle frame. When a puzzle is already completed and sitting on the shelf, it isn’t as enticing! I started using this trick with LG’s wood stacker toy and it was incredible to see how much more she uses it now. It’s like she can’t help herself – when she sees the rings aren’t on the spindle she has to stack them!
- FRIENDLY FROG: A classic wooden puzzle of a frog, identify the body parts as you place the pieces, or imagine what colors you would be if you were a...
- FROG MOTIF: Hape’s Rainbow Frog puzzle consists of seven pieces in one layer. Kids from ages 24 months and up will love this playfully designed frog...
- SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: This Puzzle toy is excellent for skills development, improving coordination, motor, problem-solving, special and goal-setting...
Haba, another one of my favorite toy companies, also has frog toys for toddlers! I went ahead and included a clutching toy because my toddler is shaking a rattle around right now (literally she’s sitting beneath my desk with it as I type this.) I think she enjoys ‘smash and bang’ type toys as a toddler far more than she did as an infant.
This wood frog puzzle would be fantastic for an older toddler, especially in a Montessori home. It has five layers showing the lifecycles of a frog!
- 5 layers from top to bottom each layer has 12, 9, 6, 4 pieces, total 31 pcs, bottom layer is a picture.
- Each layer shows a stage of frog life cycle from spawn to tadpole, to big tadpole then young frog finally becoming a adult frog.
- Encourages fine motor skills, hand-eye co-ordination, concentration and patience.
Frog books for toddlers
Books are how LG discovered frogs, so I had to include a section of frog books for toddlers.
Plip-Plop Pond! is a favorite at our house. It’s an Indestructibles book, which means it can go in the bath, too! It has no words, but the frog appears on every page so I think of it as the narrator.
Tip: If your Indestructibles have gotten all wrinkly, check out this post with info on how to get your Indestructibles to be flat again!
I Love Frogs is a more realistic book, which makes it great for Montessori households.
Tadpole to Frog is best for older toddlers and preschoolers. It’s another frog item that would be a perfect fit for Montessori homes!
Frog board books for toddlers
The book that started the frog craze for us was the board book version of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do you See? It was a shower gift and has been a favorite of LG’s since she was a newborn.
More frog things for toddlers
So…I came across more cute frog things for toddlers that aren’t actually toys, but I had to share!
These frog rain boots would be so perfect for stomping puddles and actually looking for frogs outside!
We’ve owned a pair of Yalion slippers and they held up remarkably well. I had pretty low expectations for the price, but they were outgrown before they were worn out! They received a lot of complements, too. They’re best for beginning walkers and young toddlers, but would make a nice pair of house shoes for over toddlers.
- Great shoes for new toddler, elastic closure and brushed leather sole keep shoes easily put on and stay on well baby feet, non slip off.
- The moccasins work perfectly for pre-walkers, providing the necessary traction and excellent support from crawling to walking and even running.
- The soft and thin leather sole make baby move easily, protecting the soft skin from the dirty and dangerous playground surface.
I can’t get over how cute this hooded frog bath towel is! We still use hooded towels with LG so this one is going on my Amazon shopping list!
As regular readers know from posts like this one on our favorite non-toxic sippy cup alternatives, I love finding stainless steel drink and dish ware for toddlers! I can’t believe I’d never seen this line of stainless dinnerware for toddlers before I started looking for frog dishes!
As we grow closer and closer to toilet learning, I’ve been wondering about how things will work when she needs to ‘go’ when we’re away from home. This folding toilet seat might be the answer!
I truly hope you and your little one enjoy this collection of the best frog toys for toddlers! Please let me know if you have any frog toy favorites I’ve missed. I need to check them out for my girl!
Don’t lose track of this post! Pin it now!
More toddler toy & gift ideas
Natasha is a former classroom teacher turned WAHM. She also is a registered yoga teacher & holds a certificate in natural skincare formulation from the School of Natural Skincare. She shares her passion for education, positive parenting, free printables, and recipes for DIY bath & home products. Learn more about Natasha and where she’s been featured.