If you're looking for a printable shamrock pattern, you've come to the right place! This collection of free printable shamrock templates contains printable shamrocks in black and white and in the color green in several different sizes so you can find the perfect shamrock outline for your craft projects. I hope you enjoy!
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
A shamrock typically has three leaves, so these free shamrock templates all have three leaves.
In Irish culture folklore, the three leaves of the shamrock represent the Holy Trinity. It is said that Saint Patrick used this native Irish clover to explain the trinity when he brought Christianity to Ireland. Please be sure to visit this post if you want four-leaf clover printables.
This post includes different sized shamrock templates for your St. Patrick's Day crafts! Templates are available as black and white outlines as well as green shamrocks.
Its super easy to use these printable shamrock patterns. Just grab your free printable PDF file using the download link below each preview image.
- OUT OF THIS WORLD COLORS: Our “Spectrum" 5-Color Assortment of 24 lb paper is 20% thicker than regular paper and boasts vivid assorted colors for...
- PERFECT FOR EVERYDAY PROJECTS: Colorize your documents, flyers, crafting, school projects, color-coding and more Whether in your home, office, or...
- SAVE MONEY ON INK: Printing on Astrobrights gives you all the benefits of color without the high cost and extra time of printing with colored ink Just...
Suggestions for fun crafts and decoration ideas are located below the preview images.
No email address is required to download your free printables. Learning Center members can log in here to quickly and easy download the entire package of free templates in one handy file. Not a Learning Center member yet? Join for as little as 7 cents a day and unlock instant downloads of 400+ printables!
Table of Contents
These shamrock printables are licensed for personal use and single classroom use. This includes use with library activities, therapy clients, etc.
You are not licensed to sell or redistribute the files or print outs to other adults for use with their children/clients. Please refer friends and colleagues to this post so they can download their own copies.
If you agree to this license, proceed to the download area. =)
Large three leaf clover outlines
These large shamrock templates are perfect for bigger projects like process art and sun catchers. Please make sure to use the download links located below each preview image. The images are low resolution and will not print well.
Medium shamrock pattern printables
Need something a little smaller? These medium shamrocks can help! Download them 4" wide (four to a page) or 3" wide (six to a page).
Small shamrock templates
Small shamrock outlines are available in two sizes: 2" (12 to a page) and 1" (48 to a page). I recommend cutting the 1" shamrocks into tiles instead of trying to "fussy cut" them. They make great bingo markers and counting manipulatives.
Ideas for using three leaf clover templates
These shamrock stencils can be used in a variety of ways for fun activities for kids of all ages. Here are a few quick ideas to get you started:
- Use them as simple coloring pages for young children
- Have students trace the shamrocks onto green construction paper and cut them out to practice their fine motor skills
- Use them for your classroom bulletin board
- Use the large sizes to make a shamrock suncatcher
- Use small shamrocks for math manipulatives
- Decorate for your St. Patrick's Day party
- Use a small hole punch to make a lacing card
- Use them for preschool crafts like process art
- Make name tags for a March meeting or get together
I hope you enjoy using these shamrock patterns! Be sure to check out the posts below for more St. Patrick's Day fun.