These free printable fall themed different and the same worksheets help develop your child’s visual dissemination skills and attention to detail. These skills can translate into increased letter and number recognition abilities. I hope your little learner enjoys!
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
There are two different pages: one where your child colors the different image and one where your child colors the two images that are the same. For more fall themed learning fun, make sure to grab these additional free printables while you’re here on The Artisan Life:
How to use different and the same worksheets
These pages are great for coloring, but your child can also circle their selection or mark it with a manipulative (like a pompom). For an added fine motor challenge, have your child place the manipulative with tongs, like you see in the picture below:
You can make the pages reusable for repeated use. This is a great choice for classroom centers, too. You can do this by laminating, using dry erase pockets, or utilizing age protectors.
If you want to use page protectors, I recommend heavy duty “secure” page protectors with a flap to hold the paper inside. Regular, thin page protectors aren’t great for repeated use. They tend to winkle when written on and erased. The heavy duty page protectors can stand up to more enthusiastic use. The flap is also very helpful because it keeps the page from sliding out and getting rumpled or written on.
- Keep contents secure in the protective sleeve with convenient top flap; perfect for holding nonstandard size papers and important items
- Get a crisp, clear view of the contents of your documents with diamond clear page protectors featuring a polished finish for high clarity
- Ensure your documents stay protected with long-lasting super heavyweight sheet protectors for all of your frequently referenced items
I prefer Stabilo Woody 3-in-1 pencils over dry or wet erase markers. There’s no ink and no stink! They also don’t erase themselves as you continue to write or color, which means you can make reusable coloring pages. See this post with dinosaur coloring pages for a video demo.
- The multi-talented pencil, colouring, watercolour and wax crayon all-in-one
- Due to its small chunky shape and size it suitable for childrens hands and allows a fine grip
- High denseness and colour intensity, even on dark paper and glass - it is easy to wipe off ceramic type surfaces
Lamination and dry erase pockets cost slightly more and the pages are harder to organize. They’re also more durable, though, so those are good options for classroom use.
- ✨ DURABLE & LONG LASTING: Our dry erase clear pocket sleeves are made with durable and long-lasting pet plastic with industrial-grade stitching...
- 💊 METAL EYELET & MARKER HOLDER: Our dry erase plastic sleeves have metal grommet eyelets so you can hang them easily on any hook, and they also...
- 🎯 OVERSIZED POCKETS: Our dry erase pockets measure 10 x 14 inches, which makes them perfect for storing the most size of papers or student activity...
However you decide to prepare the sheets, the basic way of using them is the same. Your child or student looks at the box to determine which image is the different or which pair of images are the same. A couple on the second page are tricky (for young kids) so they have to pay close attention to detail.
Free printable fall themed different and the same worksheet
These printables are licensed for personal and single classroom use. You may not redistribute the printouts or digital files to other parents/teachers for use with their children or students. Please just send them to this post so they can grab their own copies. Commercial use (selling the printouts or files) is completely prohibited.
I hope you enjoy using these different and the same pages with your little learner! Be sure to discover these additional fall printables: