These stocking stuffer ideas for toddlers are so much fun! Discover the best stocking stuffers for toddlers that aren’t junk.
As we approach LG’s third Christmas, I’m shopping for stocking stuffers for the first time. She was less than two months for her first Christmas and slightly over a year for her second so I didn’t make her a stocking. Now that she’ll be a big two (two!) year old, I went on a mission to find the best stocking stuffers for toddlers. I hope you enjoy these stocking stuffer ideas!
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
If this is your first visit to The Artisan Life – welcome!
I want to let you know that 1) I hold a Masters of the Arts in Teaching so I’m very big on developmentally appropriate, open-ended toys and 2) I only recommend things I would personally actually give my own toddler.
Most of the selections in my toddler toy guides and toddler book guides are items we’ve actually used. I put a lot of thought and effort into picking the best stocking stuffers for toddlers that aren’t junk and I hope you find this list helpful!
Alright, let’s get started!
Stocking stuffer ideas for toddlers
Crayons make fantastic stocking stuffers. You can take them out of packaging, if you want to, and tie them in a bundle with ribbons.
There are several types of crayons to pick from. My favorite crayons for toddlers include triangular crayons (easy to grip and don’t roll), Crayola Twistables (no paper to eat and you don’t have to sharpen them), and beeswax crayons (natural and creamy).
Of course, your toddler needs somewhere appropriate to use their new markers and crayons! This set of four mini coloring book printables is absolutely perfect for a young child’s stocking. Just print and fold!
Toddler coloring books are usually flexible enough to bend and put into a stocking.
For mess-free drawing, grab a clip-on DoodlePro. It’s super easy to bring along in your purse for doctor’s appointments and other times when you’ll need to wait!
- Draw & erase…over & over again
- Magnetic pen with spring-loaded screen-saver tip
- Tethered pen stores securely on the Doodle Pro Clip
Mini board books make a good stocking stuffer that isn’t junk. Look for a themed book block set so you have plenty of options! You can open the block and put the books in the stocking individually (this means you can set a few aside for later, too!).
Hair bows (and headbands) are another useful stocking stuffer. LG went from hating bows to demanding multiple bows at a time! She would be so excited to find bows in her stocking on Christmas morning. Cute, handmade bows make the best gifts!
A set of large lacing beads for toddlers makes a great stocking stuffer. Make sure to get a set with big beads so they’re safer and easier for your toddler to use.
I prefer the Hape shaped beads for several reasons. Hape is a reputable toy company who I trust to make non-toxic toys. Also, the different shapes also provide the opportunity for additional open-ended play and imaginative play.
Wood cars and other play vehicles are lots of fun for toddlers! My daughter is endlessly fascinated by a rolling wood duck that was my sister’s. Again, I prefer Hape’s toy vehicles to plastic ones. Wood is more durable and eco-friendly, too!
Smaller bath toys make good stocking stuffers. I love Caaocho natural rubber bath toys because they’re non-toxic and sealed (so they don’t get full of mold!)
Stickers are hugely popular at our house! A roll or pad of stickers is sure to delight almost any toddler.
Cute socks make a cute and practical stocking stuffer.
A battery free echo microphone is a lot of fun without being too loud and annoying for adults.
- Battery free mighty Echo microphone: do you dream of being a famous singer? With the high-quality, battery-free mighty Echo microphone toy, everyone...
- Echo-effect: Hope mighty Echo microphone ensures hours of fun for the little musicians. Kids can sing their favorite songs and add Echo to the voice...
- Attractive colors: This Microphone toy features attractive primary colors with musical note graphics. Whether you are singing alone or playing with a...
A small stuffed animal is the perfect stocking stuffer. Place it at the top so it’s visible to catch your toddler’s eye and get them interested in their stocking! Jellycat and Aurora stuffed animals are always soft and well-made.
Maybe it sounds odd, but an electric toothbrush makes an awesome gift for a toddler. My husband and I use electric toothbrushes and our daughter used to imitate us by making humming noises while brushing her teeth. She tolerates toothbrushing way better now that she has an electric toothbrush!
- Emotions feeling scrambled? Then this is the perfect toy for you!
- This set includes six expressive wooden eggs with an idea book
- Promotes emotional maturity as children identify their feelings
Chunky wood puzzles can keep toddlers entertained for ages. If your child is new to puzzles, show them how to remove the pieces first. As they learn how to “do” the puzzle, store it on their shelf “undone” with the pieces in a basket or tray nearby. My daughter can’t resist a puzzle when it’s taken apart, but usually ignores them when they’re completed.
- ❤【 Includes 】Set of 2 wooden jigsaw puzzles toys for toddlers, butterfly, bee, animals theme kids puzzle.
- ❤ 【 Size 】 Each of puzzle size is: 5.8x5.8x0.6inches, suitable for travel size, puzzle parts are easy to grab, have a fun with toddlers puzzles.
- ❤【 benefits 】Puzzle by consisting of colorful safe wooden parts, help to develop hand-eye, cognitive and visual feel,cultivate your child's...
Toddlers love being independent. Grabease forks and spoons are my daughter’s favorite utensils because they’re designed for little hands.
The ezpz Tiny Cup is another great tool for promoting toddler independence. It’s a tiny silicone cup that’s perfect for introducing an open cup to younger toddlers. Although my daughter can handle a larger cup now, we still enjoy using our Tiny Cup because it’s super easy to pack in my purse when we’re eating out or at a friend’s house.
- Designed to fit baby’s mouth and hands
- Soft silicone protects baby's developing teeth
- Non-slip silicone grip makes movements to the mouth more successful
Reusable snack bags are a stocking stuffer idea that will see plenty of use! You can get reusable fabric snack bags and ones made from silicone.
If you’d prefer soothing a little harder to dump out, a cute Skip Hop snack cup is the way to go!
We purchased these silicone straws a few months ago and use them frequently. Silicone straws are safer and more eco-friendly than hard plastic straws, and my toddler enjoys playing with them when we’re out and there’s nothing else for her to do. Straws are one of the leading causes of mouth injury for young children and soft silicone straws are much less likely to hurt your little one.
- ❤Fashion Design & Playful Color--- Get a set of 8 Reusable silicone straws & 2 Cleaning Brushes & 1 Portable Pouch,with most popular Light Pink,...
- ❤Children Safe & BPA free--- 100% food grade silicone, BPA free,non-toxic and no rubbery taste. Unlike stainless steel metal straws,this silicone...
- ❤Regular Size for 20oz and 30oz Tumblers--- 9.8 inch long,0.24in/6mm diameter straws compatible with most popular 20oz and 30oz tumblers including...
Christmas stockings for toddlers
So they’re not actually stocking stuffers, but I couldn’t resist adding a few Christmas stockings, too!
This dinosaur Christmas stocking is seriously cute! My daughter is really into dinosaurs right now, so it’s on my shortlist for this Christmas.
- IMAGINATIVE DESIGNS: Colorful designs & cute characters make hanging up stockings fun for kids. With our wide selection of designs to choose from,...
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Felt applique pieces with embroidery accents add the sweetest touch to each stocking. A handy cloth loop makes it easy to hang for...
- HIGH QUALITY: Measuring 17.5”x 8.5” and made from 100% cotton twill, each stocking is machine washable.
This 3D reindeer stocking is adorable and perfect for the stuffed animal obsessed toddler.
- Lavish luxury of the textured brown velvet background, utmost in softness and elegance.
- Handcrafted 3D reindeer filled with incredible attention to detail - adorable antler, fuzzy ears & rug scarf.
- Rich embroidery of vintage holly pine cone branches interspersed with scattered snowflakes.
This sweet owl stocking has sparkly sequins that are sure to catch your toddler’s eye.
- DECORATIVE XMAS STOCKING 1 Pc Set, 18" Classic Hand Embroidered Sequined Cute Animal Christmas Stocking, 03 Owl
- DIMENSIONS 18 Inches tall, 7" Opening, 10" Footing
- THICK AND WELL MADE Christmas Stocking are thick and made well out of good material The animal patterns are hand-embroidered
More toddler toy guides
Natasha Núńez is a former classroom teacher with a Masters of the Arts in Teaching. She also is a registered yoga teacher & holds a certificate in natural skincare formulation from the School of Natural Skincare. She shares her passion for education, positive parenting, free printables, and recipes for DIY bath & home products. Learn more about Natasha and where she’s been featured.