These free printable ocean animal theme addition worksheets feature sums up to 10 with cute sea life images to color. These addition worksheets are perfect for kindergarten and first grade. You can also use them to introduce pre-k and preschool students to addition.
My four year old has recently started asking about sums and how much a number plus another number is, so I thought it was the perfect time to add more kindergarten math printables to The Artisan Life. I hope your child or students enjoy!
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to print and use addition worksheets
These addition worksheets are very easy to print and use. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your time:
- Printer and paper
- Your child’s favorite writing utensil
- Page protectors (optional)
- Manipulatives (optional)
- Dry erase marker or dry erase crayon (optional)
You can make these addition worksheets reusable with page protectors. We use heavy duty “secure” page protectors with a flap to keep the pages in. Your child can write the sums with a dry erase crayon or marker, wipe the page clean, and use it again. It’s also much easier to stay organized when you can place your current worksheets in a 3-ring binder (instead of having them scattered all over the house.)
- Keep contents secure in the protective sleeve with convenient top flap; perfect for holding nonstandard size papers and important items
- Get a crisp, clear view of the contents of your documents with diamond clear page protectors featuring a polished finish for high clarity
- Ensure your documents stay protected with long-lasting super heavyweight sheet protectors for all of your frequently referenced items
We use Stabilo Woody 3-in-1 pencils instead of dry erase markers. They’re basically wax crayons in a large wood pencil shape. They can be used for everyday coloring and writing, but they also work instead of a dry erase marker. They wipe off very easily – no scrubbing required like with marker ink. You can see a quick video clip of how well Woodies work on laminated pages in this post with free printable dinosaur coloring pages.
- The multi-talented pencil, colouring, watercolour and wax crayon all-in-one
- Due to its small chunky shape and size it suitable for childrens hands and allows a fine grip
- High denseness and colour intensity, even on dark paper and glass - it is easy to wipe off ceramic type surfaces
How to use addition worksheets
If your little learner is new to addition worksheets, you may want to work the first page with them by counting each image aloud while pointing to it. You may also want to only use one or two of the pages instead of all three if they’re still working on larger numbers.
Your child can count and color the sea life images, write each number on the provided line, then add the two numbers together and write the sum in the box. My daughter can count higher than she can write. If this is true for your child, they can make tally marks or just place dot as they count instead of writing the numeral. (Make sure to grab these number tracing pages to give them more number practice!)
Instead of coloring each sea animal, your child can place a small manipulative, like a counting bear or Unifix cube, on each image as they count. For an extra fine motor challenge, have them use tongs to place the manipulative. We have this set of counting bears that comes with tongs.
Free printable ocean theme addition worksheets download
There are three pages of ocean themed addition worksheets. Each sheet has three sums for a total of nine addition sentences.
Like all free printables on The Artisan Life, these are for personal and single classroom use. This includes use with therapy clients and leaving the pages for a substitute teacher in your own classroom.
I hope your little learner enjoys these addition worksheets! Be sure to check out these additional ocean-themed free printables here here on The Artisan Life: