These free printable Halloween bats are a fun and easy Halloween craft. They’re great for classroom use, at home, or even with library activities. Pick from 11 different sizes and styles to find the paper bats that are perfect for your projects! There’s a printable bat outline for all your decorating and crafting needs this Halloween season. =)
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
No matter how you feel about bats in general, I hope you enjoy these free printable bat outline templates. They’re great for preschool and kindergarten crafts, an easy Halloween decoration on a budget, and more.
If you don’t like bats and think they’re only for Halloween, I hope you read a bit more about how important bats are. Did you know that they’re pollinators for a lot of favorite crops like avocados, mangos, and peaches?
Table of Contents
Halloween bat craft ideas
There are so many things you can do with these bat outlines! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use the blank pages as a simple bat coloring page.
- Have your your little kid embellish them with fun things like googly eyes and pompoms.
- Cut out the filled in bat templates and use them do decorate a no carve pumpkin, a wreath, or your mantle.
- Use a bat as a template for a thumbprint painting.
- Decorate for a home or classroom Halloween party.
- Make a bat stencil for chalk art or other projects.
- Trace around a bat to use it instead of a cookie cutter for bat shape Halloween cookies or to make salt dough ornaments.
- Trace bats onto craft foam to make outdoor decorations for your porch or trees.
- Use shrink film to make keychains or bag charms.
- Make felt bats for your felt story board.
- Use popsicle sticks to make bat puppets.
Suggested craft supplies for bat crafts
You don’t need much to make a simple craft with these free bat printables.
- Your bat template printables (a download link is located below each preview image).
- Printer access and letter size paper or card stock.
- Markers, paint, chalk, a glue stick, or whatever else is needed for your particular craft idea.
If you’re going to print a template and then trace it, it’s best to print on card stock. I recommend heavyweight white cardstock.
If you want to make black construction paper bats, it’s usually easier to trace the shape onto the construction paper than send construction paper through your printer. You can also save yourself a lot of tracing by getting “regular” printer paper that’s black instead of white. Make sure to get letter sized paper so it matches the size of the PDF file.
You can also get paper in a variety of different colors for more cheerful bats for young children.
- OUT OF THIS WORLD COLORS: Our “Spectrum" 5-Color Assortment of 24 lb paper is 20% thicker than regular paper and boasts vivid assorted colors for...
- PERFECT FOR EVERYDAY PROJECTS: Colorize your documents, flyers, crafting, school projects, color-coding and more Whether in your home, office, or...
- SAVE MONEY ON INK: Printing on Astrobrights gives you all the benefits of color without the high cost and extra time of printing with colored ink Just...
Printable bat outline templates
There are several styles and shapes, including an extra large 10″ bat template.
As a reminder – like all free printable templates on The Artisan Life, these bats are available free for non-commercial use, including personal use, classroom use, and use with library activities. This means with your family, in your own classroom, with your scout troop, etc.
You are not licensed to redistribute the digital file or the printables to others – please just refer folks to this post so they can download their own copy. Selling the files or print outs is prohibited.
The images are just low resolution previews. Please use the download links to get the PDFs from Dropbox. The files should start to download automatically, but you may need to authorize downloads from Dropbox if asked for permission.
Your time is valuable and limited. Save time and effort when you purchase all 11 bat templates in one handy PDF for the very low price of $1.
Free printable bat outlines & patterns
Download links are located below the applicable preview image. Each link is highlighted with a grey box to make it easier to find.
7″ cute vampire bat templates
It’s not too late to snag the whole set in one convenient PDF for just $1.
I hope you enjoy these printable bat craft templates! Make sure to look below for even more free printables for Halloween.