This free printable letter b book is a fun and easy way to improve your little learner’s understanding of the letter b, how to write and recognize the letter b, letter b beginning sound words, correct letter formation, and even fine motor skills.
This free letter b book can be used to introduce the letter b to preschoolers or to build reading skills for pre-k and kindergarten students. It features printer-friendly black and white graphics and ten pages of hands-on letter b learning fun.
This letter b book has a total of ten pages once assembled. There are five pages to print, cut, and put together. Pages include:
- A cover page with space for your child’s name
- Correct letter formation graphics with the uppercase and lowercase B to trace
- A page to find and circle uppercase and lowercase b’s in different fonts
- Six “I see a…” coloring pages
Working with varied fonts helps your child learn that the same letter may appear slightly different, depending on how it is written.
Want more alphabet learning? Make sure to grab your free printable letter a book here. You can also get free printable letter b tracing worksheets here.
Late September update: The entire alphabet is available! I’m working to post each book individually for free, but you can snag the entire bundle now for just $3:
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
Printing and making a letter b book is simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Printable PDF (download information is lower down in the post)
- Paper and a printer
- I recommend using 32 lb paper. It’s heavier than standard printer paper, which means the book will hold up better to enthusiastic reading.
- Paper trimmer/cutter or scissors
- Any full sized stapler should work
- You can also use binder rings to make a flip book
- Laminator, optional
How to print and prepare the letter b emergent reader book
First, grab your download from lower down in the post.
Next, print the pages you want. You don’t have to include every page if they don’t meet your child’s current needs.
If you want to laminate the pages to make a flip book, laminate before cutting. I laminated our copy of the printable spring counting book and made it into a reusable coloring book with binder rings and Stabilo Woody colored pencils.
Cut out the pages. A paper trimmer or paper cutter is fastest, but scissors can work, too. Make sure to cut around the entire outer rectangle, not just the inner decorative box. There is a margin on the left-hand side of each page for stapling or hole punching. The photo below shows the letter a book printable.
Staple the pages or hole punch to make a flip book with binder rings. Any full sized stapler should work. A mini stapler (one of those tiny staplers only a couple of inches long) won’t work. I’ve tested 10 page books with both heavy duty Swingline and my inexpensive, smaller, Amazon Basics stapler. Both can handle a stack of ten pages fine.
For a reusable book, hole punch laminated pages and insert binder rings, as shown below with the spring counting book. I just punch two holes – it isn’t necessary to do three holes and rings for such a small book.
Stabilo Woody 3-in-1 colored pencils are fantastic for coloring on laminated pages. Unlike markers, they don’t erase themselves when colored over. They clean up easily and don’t dry out like dry erase markers. They’re amazing. You can see these colored pencils in action with a video clip in this post with free printable dinosaur coloring pages.
- The multi-talented pencil, colouring, watercolour and wax crayon all-in-one
- Due to its small chunky shape and size it suitable for childrens hands and allows a fine grip
- High denseness and colour intensity, even on dark paper and glass - it is easy to wipe off ceramic type surfaces
Give the letter b book to your little learner and enjoy! There are many ways to use this printable letter b book. Here are a few ideas:
- Have your child trace the letter formation graphics with their index finger first, before tracing with a crayon or pencil.
- Make the letter b find with different fonts page reusable by having your child cover each B or b with a manipulative, like a pompom.
- Read the book aloud to reinforce letter b vocabulary.
- You may want to point to each word to reinforce left to right reading order and promote sight word recognition. This is something we’re still working on at home!
- Have your child work on independent reading with this simple reader. They may find pointing to each word helpful.
- Use the book as a coloring book.
- For more alphabet coloring fun, be sure to download these free printable alphabet coloring pages.
However you chose to use this printable book with your child or students, I hope they have fun learning all about the letter b.
Free printable letter b emergent reader book download
Like all free printables on The Artisan Life, this book is licensed for personal and single classroom use. You are welcome to print and use it with your own children, students, therapy clients, homeschool co-op group, etc.
You are not licensed to redistribute the files or printouts to others adults for use with their children or students. Please refer your friends and coworkers to this post so they can download their own copies.
If you agree to this license, click below:
I’ll be adding the entire alphabet of emergent readers, and more themes, too. Be sure to check back again soon for more printable books. Currently available printable books include:
- Letter a book
- Letter c book
- A llama themed positional word emergent reader cut/paste book in this post with a llama learning pack
- Spring counting book