This construction vehicle bingo game is so much fun for children who love construction equipment.
Download sets of 4 or 10 construction bingo boards for free or grab a very low-priced classroom set with 25 unique cards. Don’t worry – a reference sheet with all the construction equipment names is included with each set.
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to play picture bingo
Reading is not required for this game, but it will challenge your little one’s ability to pay attention and visual discrimination skills. Many of the vehicles are similar (since they’re all construction equipment).
Picture bingo is an easy, no-prep way to keep your kids occupied or enjoy some screen-free family fun time together. It’s also great for classrooms, after school programs, scout groups, and even senior nights.
Picture bingo is one of those great “fun and educational” activities. The illustrated images are in a variety of colors, not just a monotony of yellow, but there are still some fairly similar pictures. This means your little learner will have to pay careful attention to detail so they can make at the correct images off on their cards.
This will improve your child’s visual discrimination abilities, which translates to improved literacy skills. Yes, playing picture bingo can help your child’s ability to differentiate between similar letters (b, d, p, etc.) and numbers (9 and 6). That’s pretty neat, isn’t it?
Materials needed for construction picture bingo
- Your printable PDF (download information is lower down in the post)
- Paper or cardstock and printer access
- Laminator and laminating sheets or page protections – optional but recommended
- Scissors or paper trimmer for the call cards – optional.
- Something to cover called images – pompoms, beans, math link cubes, etc. If you use an object to co cover the card instead of writing directly on the card, the game can be played multiple times.
For bright pictures and sturdier cards, print on bright white 32 lb paper instead of cheap copy paper. For a comparison of several papers, including cardstock and the 32 lb paper, please see this post on the best paper for printables. If you’re not laminating your printables, cardstock will be more durable (but the images won’t be quite as bright.)
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Optimized for HP technology: All HP Papers provide premium performance on HP equipment, as well as on all other printer and copier equipment. 100%...
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
For repeated play, laminate the sheets or place them in a dry erase pocket or page protector. Dry erase pockets are like page protectors, but sturdier.
If you use page protectors, I recommend heavyweight “secure” page protectors with a flap on top to keep the page from slipping out. They’re not quite as sturdy as dry erase pockets, but they’re a fraction of the cost and work very well. These are the ones we personally use:
- Keep contents secure in the protective sleeve with convenient top flap; perfect for holding nonstandard size papers and important items
- Get a crisp, clear view of the contents of your documents with diamond clear page protectors featuring a polished finish for high clarity
- Ensure your documents stay protected with long-lasting super heavyweight sheet protectors for all of your frequently referenced items
Or, of course, you can use ever-popular dot markers to mark cards for one-time use.
- 🇺🇸MADE IN THE USA. Designed and manufactured in our own factory guaranteeing that you are getting the best product without the risk of unknown...
- 👍EASY TO GRIP BOTTLE FOR LITTLE HANDS: With generous 2.5 ounce bottles. Do A Dot Art makers have more paint per bottle than other dot markers. Just...
- 🧒FUN ART MEDIUM FOR CHILDREN OF ALL AGES: Do A Dot Art markers have a PATENTED large sponge tip dauber engineered to be mess free, never dry out,...
How to play picture bingo
You can use these bingo cards in a traditional way by cutting out the pictures on the call list sheet, placing them in a bag, and drawing them randomly.
Make sure to print the two pages of call cards at the back. There are 25 total construction vehicle images, but only 24 appear on each card. Don’t print an extra card and cut it up or you’ll miss one of the images!
There’s also a reference sheet so you know what each vehicle is called. Your little construction equipment lover may want to keep this page as a poster after playing the game!
You can save some time cutting out tiles by giving the call sheets to an adult and having them ‘randomly’ call out images. This means fewer pieces to cut out and keep track of.
Construction vehicle bingo printables
Like all picture bingo games on the Artisan Life, these are for personal and single classroom use. You are welcome to print and use them as many times as you’d like with your own children, students, therapy clients, etc.
You are not licensed to share the printouts or digital files with others for use with their students/children. Please just send your friends and coworkers to this post so they can download their own copies!
There are three different sets of bingo cards. All are unique and can be combined for a total of 39 cards:
- Classroom set of 25 construction vehicle bingo cards
- 10 free printable construction bingo boards
- 4 free printable construction equipment bingo cards
Please keep scrolling to find the set(s) you want.
Classroom set of 25 construction bingo boards
This set of 25 construction bingo cards is fun for classrooms, after school care programs, and other group activities. It’s available for the very low price of $2.99. (Keep scrolling a tiny bit more for the free sets!)
Free printable set of 10 construction vehicle bingo cards
Larger families and smaller groups love this set of 10 free printable bingo boards! Combine them with the set of 4 listed below for 14 unique cards. This set is great for small Scout troops, homeschool groups, and more.
Use the box below the preview image to let me know where to send your bingo cards and they’ll fly across the internet & into your inbox.
Free printable set of 4 construction vehicle bingo cards
This set of four free cards is available for download right here in the post. Please use the link below the preview image. It should open in a new window and start downloading automatically, but you may need to authorize downloads from Dropbox if a dialogue box appears asking for permission.
I hope you enjoy playing construction picture bingo! Be sure to check out these additional printable picture bingo games here on The Artisan Life: