These printable December Happy Planner Classic inserts and US letter planner pages have just the right amount of holiday cheer. The watercolor illustrations have a variety of winter animals, holiday greenery, presents, and mini houses. The art is thoughtfully arranged so you don’t lose anything to hole punching or margins. No more annoyingly cut-off graphics or words missing letters due to hole punching!
Using printable planner inserts is an easy way to rejuvenate your planner without a trip to the store or long wait for the mail. These planner pages are undated, which means you can print and use them again, year after year.
By popular demand, the gratitude journal page introduced in the November planner pages is here to stay and part of this December planner page pack. The gratitude journal page included in both the free printable planner insert set and the (very affordable) December planner kit.
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to print and use planner inserts
Printing your own planner pages at home is easy. There are just two important things to keep in mind:
- Use premium printer paper, not cheap copy paper. I recently wrote an entire post about the best paper for planner inserts. I used a ton of my own ink to print these floral planner pages on five different papers to demonstrate the best papers (and the enormous difference between standard paper and better papers).
- Make sure the pages print at 100% size for the Happy Planner Classic and US letter sizes, unless you’re scaling them down on purpose.
- Some programs default to scaling the Happy Planner pages up to fill the page – double check and make sure you’re printing at actual size/100%.
- All design elements on the US letter sized pages should fit within standard printer margins, but double check to make sure you’re printing at actual/100% size for best results.
- Made in USA - HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America. See images.
- Optimized for HP technology - All HP Papers provide premium performance on HP equipment, as well as on all other printer and copier equipment. 100%...
- Heavyweight premium printing - HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32lb), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
Make sure you have actual size or 100% size selected, like in the screenshot below.
To use the Happy Planner Classic inserts:
Trim your printed pages along the light grey dotted line. I recommend using a paper cutter for quick, clean results. I use a Fiskar’s paper trimmer with a guide wire, as seen in the video below featuring the October pages:
Hole punch using your Happy Planner punch. This punch can be hard to track down. Sometimes it’s on Amazon, but occasionally it’s in stock with Michael’s at a better price. It seems to go in and out of stock frequently everywhere I’ve ever looked for it, so snag it if you see it available.
- Punch capacity - 3 sheets of paper or 1 sheet of cardstock
- Punch is designed to fit perfectly in The Happy Planners
- Personal customization- Now you can punch your own paper and add it to your planner
How to use letter sized planner pages
It’s easy to use letter sized planner pages in a 3 ring binder or Happy Planner Big. Just print, punch, and “play.”
Insert and enjoy!
You can also print the letter pages to scale and trim them down to fit other planner sizes. Use this handy planner sizing chart below as your guide. You can also use the same chart to scale the letter-sized printable stickers for a smaller planner.
Printable December planner inserts
Like all journal and planner printables here on The Artisan Life, these pages are for personal use. You are not licensed to alter, redistribute, or sell the digital files or printed pages.
If you want to share these printable planner pages with someone else, please send them the link to this page so they can download their own copies. (If you belong to a planner group or have lots of planner friends and want to make a bit of extra holiday $$, please get in touch to ask about my affiliate program!)
The Happy Planner insert pages are not just scaled down versions of the letter size. I designed them first and carefully created the correct size boxes to make sure you can use your HP stickers with these printables. I’m personally a Happy Planner Classic user and take my HPC printables very seriously.
There are two versions of the printables: the set of free planner pages and the December planner kit with 23 pages (in each size) plus bonus stickers for one very low price. Please keep scrolling past the paid version to reach the free version lower down on the page.
December planner printables kit
First let’s take a look at the December planner printables kit. (Just keep scrolling a bit more for the freebie pack!)
The Happy Planner Classic and US letter sized versions have the same pages. Here’s what’s you’ll receive:
- “This planner belongs to” page
- December cover page
- Notes page
- Gratitude journal page
- 2 page spread calendar
- 2 weekly goals planners (left and right margins)
- 2 daily goals planners (left and right margins)
- 5 weeks of vertical weekly pages with three different designs
- Habit tracker for December
- Large watercolor book tracker
- Smaller book tracker
- 5 sheets of printable stickers
- 3 sheets of printable stickers sized perfectly for HPC (no too short EC sticker boxes – yay!)
- 1 sheet of stickers sized specially just for these letter-sized planner pages
- 1 bonus sticker page with date flags in extra colors
If you’ve never used printable stickers before, they’re a fun way to add function and interest to your planner pages. Discover more about them and how easy they are to use in this post on the benefits of printable stickers.
Further down this page, I’ve also included a list of some of my favorite printable and printed December planner stickers on Etsy. There are some seriously cute options so make sure to check them out!
You can see a preview of every page (Happy Planner version) in the video below. The letter pages are very similar, but do not have the tape-style border (because most printers would cut them off, anyway).
These are the sticker sheets. Three pages are sized for Happy Planner Classic. They can be used on the letter printables, but you’ll have some white space in your planner box. That’s why I made another page of printable stickers that are exactly the right width for the vertical weekly columns in these letter-sized printables.
If you’re scaling the letter printables down for another size, you can print this sheet at scale, too, for perfectly fitting stickers.
You will need to use an archive tool/unzip tool to access your PDFs. This comes included with all Mac computers and some Windows computers. If you don’t have a program to decompress files already on your computer, you can decompress them for free online at ezyzip.com. The program 7zip is free to download for Windows so you can decompress files on your computer.
I recently found a fantastic article from an Etsy seller about how to unzip any file on any device. It’s a great resource if you need help decompressing your files.
Normally you’d expect to be told there are no refunds or returns on digital products. After listening to an inspiring podcast by the founder of Ultimate Bundles, I’ve decided to start offering a money back guarantee on planner printables purchases.
If you are not happy with your purchase you can request a refund within 14 days. Just reply to your purchase email and I’ll help you out! (I will be camping from Thanksgiving though the first week of December, so it may take me up to 48 hours to respond but I will help you as soon as possible.)
Try your December planner kit today risk free for the very low price of $2.99.
Free printable December planner pages
Let’s take a look at the free version of these planner page printables.
The set of free printable December planner inserts has 6 pages:
- December cover page with watercolor illustrations
- Monthly calendar pages for December (undated)
- Vertical weekly layout pages (undated)
- Gratitude journal page
Because you’ve already seen several previews of the Happy Planner inserts, here’s a glimpse at the letter-sized planner pages. They are very similar, but allow for standard printer margins so you won’t have cut-off images. Yay!
You will need to unzip the compressed file. Many computers already have a file extraction tool installed. For Windows, you can download the program 7zip for free you don’t already have an archive tool installed. I recently found a blog post from an Etsy seller detailing how to extract/unzip any file. It’s very helpful if you’re unfamiliar with unzipping files.
The set of free letter and HPC December planner pages are available to Artisan Life family members complete free. Just use the box below to let me know where to send your printables and they’ll fly across the internet and into your inbox! (Already a member? You can use the same email address you’ve previously signed up with.)
Natasha Núñez is a former classroom teacher with a Masters of the Arts in Teaching. She also is a registered yoga teacher & holds a certificate in natural skincare formulation from the School of Natural Skincare. She shares her passion for education, positive parenting, free printables, and recipes for DIY bath & home products. Learn more about Natasha and where she’s been featured.