These free printable Halloween playdough mats are so much fun for toddlers, preschoolers, and even kindergarteners. They’re a no-prep sensory play activity and a great way to develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. I hope you enjoy!
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This set of free printable playdough mats includes 10 different Halloween designs for little hands to enjoy. Your child can make their own monster, Jack o’lantern, spider web, cat face, and more! Be sure to look lower down in the post for previews of all 10 images.
Look at the end of this post for more printable Halloween activities!
How to use fun Halloween play dough mats
These free Halloween play dough mats don’t have to be used with play dough.
There are many different ways to use these play mats with young children. They’re a very open-ended toy! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use the mats in loose parts station
- Have kids use dry erase markers to add details
- Decorate the mats with manipulatives like googly eyes and pom poms. You can skip the laminating and have your kids glue the items in place.
If you plan to use the mats with play dough or dry-erase markers, laminate the sheets or place them in a heavy duty sheet protector or dry erase pocket. Dry erase pocket sleeves are more durable for classroom use, but page protectors are easy to organize because you can place them in a three ring binder for storage.
- ✨ DURABLE & LONG LASTING: Our dry erase clear pocket sleeves are made with durable and long-lasting pet plastic with industrial-grade stitching...
- 💊 METAL EYELET & MARKER HOLDER: Our dry erase plastic sleeves have metal grommet eyelets so you can hang them easily on any hook, and they also...
- 🎯 OVERSIZED POCKETS: Our dry erase pockets measure 10 x 14 inches, which makes them perfect for storing the most size of papers or student activity...
I enjoy making my own play dough, but I broke out purchased Play-Doh to use with this set of Halloween printables. Having a variety of colors is a lot of fun with this set of playdough mats! We have this set 10 colors that includes black, white, yellow, and orange for Halloween playdough activities.
- 10 cans of creative fun – kids can get creative with just the right colors They need in this Play-Doh 10-pack of 2-ounce cans!
- Just the right colors to start - shape, squish, mix, and make it all. Great for lots of uses like Play-Doh refills, as a Play-Doh Starter set, or as...
- Shape your imagination – squishy, bright, non-toxic Play-Doh compound sparks imaginations For kids 2 and up who love arts and crafts like Modeling...
- XXL lead applies as much pigment as 8 colored pencils at once
- Large width ideal for smaller hands
Each page has a prompt you can read aloud to your child or students. For example, “Can you make a face for the Jack o’lantern?”
For a greater challenge for older kids, have them create different facial expressions demonstrating different emotions. See if they can make their pictures look happy, scared, or scary!
These printables are sized for US letter paper, so there’s no need to visit a copy shop. I recommend printing the pages on white card stock for more durable play mats.
Printable play dough mat previews
This set contains a variety of playdough mats to keep your little learners busy! Here’s what you’re getting:
Free printable Halloween playdough mat set download area
These free downloads are licensed for personal use and classroom use. This includes use with library activities.
You are not licensed to redistribute or sell the print outs or digital files. Please refer friends and colleagues to this post so they can download their own copies.
I hope you enjoy using these Halloween play dough mats! Make sure to check out the additional printables for Halloween while you’re here on The Artisan Life: