These free printable Valentine’s Day dot to dot animals are so cute!
These free Valentine connect the dot images for kids are a no-prep way to help your child practice their fine motor skills and counting, plus they create their own picture to color! Keep scrolling to get 14 printable Valentine’s dot to dot pages for free.
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to print and use connect the dots pages
Dot to dot pages are simple, no-prep fun, but here are a few tips to help you make the most of them.
To make the pages reusable, laminate the pages or placing them in page protectors in a binder. We use heavy duty “secure” page protectors. Secure page protectors have a flap on top to keep the page from accidentally slipping out.
- Keep contents secure in the protective sleeve with convenient top flap; perfect for holding nonstandard size papers and important items
- Get a crisp, clear view of the contents of your documents with diamond clear page protectors featuring a polished finish for high clarity
- Ensure your documents stay protected with long-lasting super heavyweight sheet protectors for all of your frequently referenced items
The biggest drawback to making the pages reusable is that you’ll need a set of colored dry erase markers if your child wants to color them. Crayola does make dry erase crayons, but they don’t color very well in my opinion/experience. These fine tip Arteza dry erase markers come in a variety of colors. For children that have lots of coloring “accidents,” go with these clothing-friendly Crayola washable dry erase markers.
- CRAYOLA DRY ERASE MARKERS: This whiteboard marker set features 6 vibrant colors!
- FINE LINE: Great for details, fine tip markers are great for adding details, underlining, and using space efficiently.
- WASHABLE MARKERS: Inks wash clean from clothes & hands.
If you don’t want the pages to be reusable, your child’s favorite markers, crayons, or pencils will work fine. We personally use Honeysticks beeswax crayons because they write well and are all-natural and made in New Zealand.
- 100% PURE BEESWAX AND FOOD GRADE COLORS FOR PEACE OF MIND: Handmade in New Zealand using 100% Beeswax and Food Grade Pigments for Color. Free from the...
- CLASSIC SIZE THAT IS DURABLE AND ERGONOMIC - At Honeysticks, we understand that children develop pencil grip at their own pace. We have developed a...
- 8 EXCITING COLORS TO STIMULATE CREATIVITY - Your child will love expressing their inner artist with an exciting range of 8 Colors. These handmade...
Free printable Valentine animal connect the dot pages
Like all free printables on The Artisan Life, these are available for personal and single classroom use. You are welcome to print and use as many copies as you’d like for your own children, students, Scouts, therapy clients, etc. as long as you are personally organizing the activity and not charging to participate.
You are not licensed to redistribute the printouts or digital files to others for use with their children/students. Please refer your friends and coworkers to this post so they can download their own copies!
There are two ways to download the printables. Because children frequently want exactly the animal they want to color and nothing else will do, I’ve broken the set of 14 dot to dot images up into individual PDFs. You can also download the entire set for free at the bottom – keep scrolling until you see the blue image with “click here to download.” There’s a row of purple arrows pointing at the image to help it stand out.
Individual download links are located below each preview image. The link will open in a new tab and will begin downloading automatically. You may need to authorize Dropbox downloads if a box appears asking for permission. Don’t worry – the purple watermark is not on the PDF! Any off colors or blurriness are the result of image compression so this page loads quickly. The actual printables are 300 dpi.
Make sure to grab these other free printables for Valentine’s Day while you’re here!