These printable alphabet tracing strips feature a cute bottle of Valentine’s hearts that are a great fit for your Valentine preschool theme. Your child will be happily tracing away and learning their letters in just a few minutes with these easy to use printables.
Tracing letters is beneficial for early learners. Tracing can help introduce the shapes and forms of letters, develop fine motor skills, and build writing confidence.
Download these Valentine’s Day letter tracing strips with uppercase letters, lowercase letters, or both on the same strip and laminate them to use again and again.
How to use alphabet tracing strips for preschool & pre-k
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Sometimes you need a quick, educational activity for your child to do right now with virtually no prep-work on your part.
Quickly and easily get this alphabet tracing activity into your child’s hands by printing them and having your child trace the letters without cutting the page into strips.
Your little learner can write with with a crayon, pencil, or marker. Markers glide more easily across the page. Crayons and pencils create more friction and are a bit harder to write with, which means they provide a greater fine motor challenge.
- 100% PURE BEESWAX AND FOOD GRADE COLORS FOR PEACE OF MIND: Handmade in New Zealand using 100% Beeswax and Food Grade Pigments for Color. Free from the...
- CLASSIC SIZE THAT IS DURABLE AND ERGONOMIC - At Honeysticks, we understand that children develop pencil grip at their own pace. We have developed a...
- 8 EXCITING COLORS TO STIMULATE CREATIVITY - Your child will love expressing their inner artist with an exciting range of 8 Colors. These handmade...
To introduce specific letters, use a paper trimmer or a pair of scissors to cut the page into strips along the solid lines.
I’m currently printing educational worksheets 32# bright white printer paper. It’s heavier than normal printer paper and makes images look really bright and crisp without breaking the bank. (For a side-by-side comparison of several printer papers, check out this post on the best paper for printables.)
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
You can hole punch each card in the upper left corner and thread them onto a binder ring for a fun go bag activity that’s easy to clean after trips to the doctor’s office or sticky snack hands.
- 【ASSORTED SIZES】 - The package contains 2 inch x 5pcs, 1.5 inch x 5pcs, 1.25 inch x 10pcs, 1 inch x 20pcs binder rings. Assorted sizes book rings...
- 【HIGH QUALITY】 - Binder rings are made from stainless steel, nickel-plated metal. Feature a bright, corrosion-resistant finish, hard to rust and...
- 【EASY TO OPEN OR CLOSE】 - Convenient to use just pull to open and squeeze to close; you can use them easily and quickly. Make your work and life...
If you need more low-prep Valentine’s Day fun for your family, snag these additional freebies on The Artisan Life:
- Trace & color Valentine’s Day fine motor practice pages
- Heart templates
- Valentine’s picture bingo
- Valentine’s Day do a dot printables
- Valentine’s matching game
Free printable Valentine’s Day letter tracing strips
Like all preschool printables on The Artisan Life, these are licensed for for personal and single classroom use. You are also welcome to use them with therapy clients, as long as you are not charging specifically to do this activity.
You are not licensed to alter, sell, or redistribute the files to others for their personal use. Instead, please refer your friends and colleagues to this page so they can download their own copies.
As noted above, there are three different styles of tracing strip: lowercase letters only, uppercase letters only, and upper/lowercase letters on the same strip. All 27 pages are in one convenient PDF. Pages 1-7 are lowercase, 8-14 are uppercase, and 15-21 are the combined case strips.
I hope your little learner enjoys this low-prep learning activity for Valentine’s Day! Make sure to get these additional Valentine’s Day printables while you’re here: