These Valentine’s Day theme number order puzzles are fun for preschoolers, pre-k, and kindergarteners. Grab free printable Valentine number sequence puzzles with numbers 1-5, 1-10, skip counting, and blank versions to help your child learn their numbers.
These Valentine’s Day themed number order puzzles are fun and simple to use. Your child builds the picture and counts along.
Older children can also work on their scissor skills by cutting the puzzle into strips, themselves. The free printable number building puzzles are perfect for preschoolers and pre-k. Use the puzzles appropriate to your child’s current level and save the rest for later. You can even use the write-on versions for sight word sentences!
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to print and use number order puzzles
First, grab your printable PDF files. The download is lower down on the page – look for the large blue image that reads “click here to download your printable.”
Print your pages. I recommend 32lb bright white paper because it’s heavier duty than normal copy paper and prints nicer, brighter pictures. It’s also surprisingly affordable and eco-friendly. (HP produces all of their papers without deforestation.). For a look at this paper in a side-by-side comparison with several other options, please visit this post on the best paper for printables.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Optimized for HP technology: All HP Papers provide premium performance on HP equipment, as well as on all other printer and copier equipment. 100%...
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
Laminate the pages. This is optional, but highly recommended. I almost always laminate printables. If you want these number order puzzles to be part of a classroom math center or reusable at a later time/with other children, you should laminate them. An at home laminator typically pays for itself with 15-20 uses.
We have laminated matching cards that my daughter has used for over a year. They wouldn’t have lasted that long without lamination, so we would have ultimately wasted more time, ink, and paper printing and cutting multiple copies.
- #1 Laminating Brand*
- Laminates items up to 9 inches wide
- Two heated rollers create high quality professional, bubble and wrinkle-free results
You can cut the puzzle by hand, it’s just more time-consuming.
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of crafting materials including paper, photos, scrapbook pages or specialty materials
- Widest base on the market (6 1/4 inch) makes card cutting easier than ever
- Sure Cut wire cut-line makes it easy to see where blade will cut for unmatched accuracy
Have your child build away and practice counting!
If you like the cute Valentine’s Day graphics, make sure to grab these free printable Valentine’s Day dot to dot pages. They have the same cute images to create and color!
Free printable Valentine’s Day number order puzzles
There are 7 different versions of number building puzzle:
- 1-5 (two different backgrounds)
- 1-10 (two different backgrounds)
- 10-100 counting by 10’s
- Skip counting by 2’s 2-20
- Skip counting by 3’s 3-30
- Blank with five pieces (great for short sentences!)
- Blank with 10 pieces
All nine pages are conveniently located in one single PDF. Download them all, print the ones you need now, and save the rest for later. (Keep scrolling to the big blue “click here to download box.” It’s easy to spot!)
Like all printables on The Artisan Life, these are for personal and single classroom use. You are not licensed redistribute or sell the printables to others. Please just refer your friends and colleagues to this post so they can download their own copies.<
There are so many fun Valentine’s Day free printables here on The Artisan Life. Save time later when you go ahead and download them now!