This free printable witch had headband/crown is kiddo-approved no-prep fun. This easy Halloween witch hat printable craft features a witch hat in both color and a black and white version. It's no-prep fun for kids at home or a great Halloween party activity idea. It's also a great last-minute costume idea.
If you love Halloween, you've come to the right place. Be sure to grab these other Halloween freebies while you're here:
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
Materials needed for printable witch hat headbands
You don't need many materials for this printable craft:
You can print these printable witch hats on your favorite thicker paper or cardstock. The super thin, cheapest copy paper isn't very durable. I used this 32# HP paper for our hats. I've also made headband crafts with my current favorite inexpensive paper. It's still a bit nicer and brighter than super cheap copy paper, but costs several dollars less than the 32# option.
- PREMIUM PRINTER PAPER – Hammermill Premium Inkjet & Laser 24lb Printer Paper is a versatile sheet that’s perfect for double-sided inkjet or laser...
- COLORLOK TECHNOLOGY – This computer paper features ColorLok Technology for colors that are 30% brighter, blacks that are 60% bolder and ink that...
- PERFECT FOR PRINTING – This multi-purpose copier paper is designed to run smoothly through all office equipment for professional results when...
Cardstock is a better, more durable choice than paper. Some cardstock is surprisingly flimsy and barely better than printer paper. Neenah Exact Index 110# is the heaviest cardstock I'm aware of. Neenah 90 lb is still sturdier than "standard" cardstock. Most regular cardstock weighs in at only 65#.
- BRIGHT WHITE CARDSTOCK: The smooth texture and crisp bright white color of our 90 lb cardstock produces high resolution images and prints for...
- LIGHTWEIGHT CARDSTOCK: This is 90 lb. INDEX cardstock, which is measured differently than COVER cardstock. For a weight comparison, it’s heavier...
- LETTER SIZE CARDSTOCK: This 8.5" x 11" white cardstock comes in a pack of 300, so you always have enough on hand
My favorite crayons are Honeysticks beeswax crayons. They're made from pure, food grade wax and colorants. They actually color better than "normal" crayons. The only down side is that Honesticks do come in a relatively limited color palette.
- 100% PURE BEESWAX AND FOOD GRADE COLORS FOR PEACE OF MIND: Experience the natural goodness of Honeysticks, handmade in New Zealand with pure beeswax...
- SUPER JUMBO SIZE FOR EASY GRIP - Each Super Jumbo Crayon is 3.9 inches long and 0.8 inches thick making them easy for little hands to hold and use....
- 6 EXCITING COLORS TO STIMULATE CREATIVITY - Your child will love expressing their inner artist with an exciting range of 6 Colors. These chubby...
For a magical, witchy coloring experience, my daughter used these multicolor colored pencils. The pencil core isn't as soft and creamy as my favorite Prismacolor pencils, but the multicolor effect is so much fun on this crown. We also added sparkle with our favorite gel pens.
- Durable Rainbow Colored Pencils: Made of black wood with thicker core and 0.2 inch diameter for durability.
- Vibrant Assortment of Colors: Contains 8 multicolored pencils in a variety of hues to inspire creativity.
- Versatile Art Supply: Can be used for drawing, doodling, coloring, marking, and more.
Our favorite colored pencils are Prismacolor. Even the less expensive student line is more soft and creamy than most other colored pencils. They are a joy to color with and have rich colors that children love.
Our favorite markers for coloring are Crayola Supertips. They come in a lot of colors and wash up pretty well. They ink also lasts much longer than the Crayola "Ultra-Clean Washables" line. (Our Ultra-Clean Washables dried up in just a couple of weeks. It was disappointing.) We did not use markers on the pictured with hat headband.
- 100 CRAYOLA MARKERS: One 100ct pack of Crayola Super Tips Markers in assorted colors.
- THICK & THIN LINES: Supertips Markers can make thick or thin lines for a variety of coloring techniques.
- CRAYOLA COLORS: This bulk marker set features 100 different colors to make sure you always have the shade you need.
How to make a printable witch headband craft
1. First, download your freebie below and print the pages you want. Pick from a colorful version or a coloring page version. Younger children may not need the last page with additional band pieces. My daughter (almost 5 at the time of writing) only needs one band piece. Older children and adults will need a few inches of extra band if they want to wear the headband across their forehead.
2. Have fun coloring, if you're using the coloring page version of the witch hat. My daughter insisted on coloring on the couch. She was feeling sniffly, so I didn't make her move.
3. Cut out the headband center piece and bands. My daughter used her Fiskars blunt tipped scissors for her coloring page version. The pre-colored version of the page is shown below. We did not cut out the inner spiral on the hat. This makes it a little more durable and the cutting work is easier for little hands.
4. Do a test fit to see if you need one or two band pieces, then tape or staple them in place to fit your child's head. I use a piece of tape on the inside and a second piece on the outside. When we've used a stapler in the past, my daughter complained about it getting stuck in her hair. This printable mermaid crown is shown below.
5. Wear and enjoy! These headbands are great for fun at home, at Halloween parties, or as an instant Halloween costume.
She wanted to make sure you had a good view of the side and its decorations, too:
Free printable witch hat craft for kids download area
This witch hat headband craft printable is available for personal and single classroom use. You are not licensed to redistribute the files to other parents/teachers for use with their children/students. Instead, please refer them to this page so they can download their own copy.
If you agree to this license, you may click below:
I hope you and your little learner enjoy this witch hat headband craft! Make sure to grab these additional Halloween-themed freebies while you're here: