These free printable Valentines Day number mats are a fun way to practice counting, one to one correspondence, numerals, number words, and fine motor skills all in one no-prep activity! This set of play dough number mat printables includes numbers 1-10. I hope your little learner enjoys!
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
For more Valentine’s themed number practice, be sure to grab this Valentine’s unicorns number tracing 1-10 worksheet, Valentine’s number chart 1-20, and cut & paste numbers 1-20.
Materials needed for printable number mats
- Your free printable Valentine’s cookies themed number mats. Look for the row of purple arrows lower down in the post.
- Printer access and paper. I used this 32 lb bright white paper.
- Laminator, page protectors, or dry erase pockets. Optional.
- Manipulatives, play dough, and/or dry erase crayons.
I love making number mats reusable by laminating them or placing them in a heavy duty “secure” page protector. Page protectors aren’t as durable as lamination or dry erase pockets, but they’re the least expensive and easiest to use. These are the secure, heavy duty sheet protectors we use:
- Keep contents secure in the protective sleeve with convenient top flap; perfect for holding nonstandard size papers and important items
- Get a crisp, clear view of the contents of your documents with diamond clear page protectors featuring a polished finish for high clarity
- Ensure your documents stay protected with long-lasting super heavyweight sheet protectors for all of your frequently referenced items
I like pairing page protected sheets with Stabilo Woody 3-in-1 dry erase pencils. They write really well and there’s no ink to stain or stink! Taking pictures of sheet in protectors is difficult because of the glare, but I think you get the idea:
- XXL lead applies as much pigment as 8 colored pencils at once
- Large width ideal for smaller hands
How to use number mats
Each of these number mats has:
- Place to decorate a heart shaped cookie with the correct number of items.
- A blank ten frame to complete.
- A large numeral for making a play dough number or tracing the number with a marker/crayon.
- The number word in a dotted font to trace.
Your child can use manipulatives for the cookie and ten frame. They could also make little balls of play dough or even draw them with a pencil or marker. Just use whatever you have on hand! We used wood beads with hearts on them.
Free printable Valentine’s Day number mats PDF
First some housekeeping. These printables are licensed for personal and single classroom use. They are not licensed for commercial use or redistribution. You’re welcome to print and use them for your own children, students, co-op kids, etc. Instead of giving the print outs or digital files to other adults for use with their kids/students, please refer them to this post so they can download their own copy.
If you agree to this license, you may click below. The download should start automatically, but you may need to authorize downloads from Dropbox if asked for permission. You do not need a Dropbox account or their app to download.
I hope you enjoy using these number mat printables with your family or students! Make sure to check out the additional free printables for Valentine’s day available here on The Artisan Life: