Remove the fear of the blank page and rejuvenate your journaling practice with these February journal prompts and a free printable journal for February.
If you enjoy the watercolor clipart on the printable journal pages, make sure to click over and download your matching free printable February planner pages. If you want more journaling prompts, grab this list of journal prompts for self-care, too!
Is it cheating to use a journal writing prompt?
I’ve had some people ask if it’s “really” journaling if you use a writing prompt. The answer is…yes! Using journaling prompts can get your creative juices flowing and allow you to start writing without wasting all your spare time wondering what on earth to write about.
There are many different ways to journal. One way involves writing in a stream of conscious style, like a brain dump, but other ways use writing prompts.
You may want to use a writing prompt some days, but write about whatever is on your heart another day. Or you might want to use the writing prompt as a warmup, then explore wherever you feel led.
I attended a residential creative writing program in high school. We frequently used writing prompts as warmup exercises. If authors can use writing prompts for inspiration, it’s totally okay for you to use them for journaling, too!
Journal writing prompts for February
The journal prompts are listed out below, but are also included in your free printable February journal. The prompts are all conveniently located on a single page in your PDF, too. Keep scrolling past the journal prompts to the download information section for previews of the printable journal.
If you’d rather write in your own notebook instead of on the printable journal, that’s fine. I have an entire post on the best bullet journal notebooks that make journaling fun and enjoyable. Writing on cheap, flimsy paper is a real bummer – do yourself a favor and get a durable notebook with paper that’s easy to write on. There are a couple of surprisingly low price, but high quality, notebook suggestions.
Okay, let’s look at the journaling prompts:
- What are your personal plans and goals for the month?
- What is a skill you love that you have?
- Write about a happy moment you think of fondly.
- What is something you look forward to every February?
- What relationship advice would you give to a friend or family member?
- Write a bucket list of stuff you would love to do for fun.
- February 7th is Send a Card to a Friend Day – Who would like to send a card to?
- Are you still in touch with any of your childhood friends?
- What causes or organizations are important to you?
- Write about how you are grateful for your parents, even if you have conflicted feelings about them or your childhood.
- What have you done this month that you are particularly proud of?
- Write about your first love.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- How do you remember Valentine’s Day as a kid?
- What is some of the worst, or most ridiculous, advice you’ve ever received?
- What is an embarrassing moment you can’t seem to forget? Can you find compassion for yourself or others after reflecting on the situation?
- What do you fear the most in your life?
- List actionable steps to help you with your fears or people you could reach out to for help.
- Describe the 3 people you admire the most.
- What are some of the best gifts you have ever received?
- How could you be a better friend?
- Are there any friends you regret falling out of contact with? Do you want to reconnect with them?
- What is your love language?
- If you could change just ONE thing in your life, what would it be?
- What are some things you want more of in your life? Make sure to write from a perspective of more, not less.
- What accomplishments or traits do you want people to remember about you?
- How is journaling surprising or what unexpected things have come up for you?
- How do you feel after journaling?
Free printable February journal
Like all free printable planners and journals here on The Artisan Life, these pages are for personal and single classroom use. You are welcome to print and use the with activities you are personally organizing, as long as you are not charging specifically to participate. This includes use in your personal classroom, with your Sunday school class, with therapy clients, etc.
You are not licensed to redistribute the digital files or printouts to others for use with their families or classrooms. Please refer friends and coworkers to this post so they can download their own copies.
The printable has 33 pages:
- a sheet with all 28 journal prompts on one page
- a cover page
- 28 lined pages with journal prompts
- three lined pages for notes or additional journaling
This printable journal is free for Artisan Life family members. Just fill out the box below and the journal will fly across the internet and into your inbox! Current members, please use the same email address you’ve previously subscribed with.
I hope you enjoy using these February journaling prompts and discover something new about yourself! Make sure to check back in soon for March journaling prompts. New prompts are usually posted mid-month.
Journal Prompts and Planner Printables
These journal prompts remove the fear of the blank page and allow you to start journaling today! Make sure to grab your free printable journal pages in each post.
Journaling for Self-Care (+ self-care journal prompts & a free printable)
These journal prompts for self-care and self-discover help you dive deep and discover more about yourself.
Free Printable Hygge Journal
Grab your favorite blanket and a warm mug of tea - it's time to get cozy with these hygge journal prompts.
Cozy Tea Theme Free September Planner Printables
Get cozy and organized for fall with these free printable tea themed planner pages in US letter and Happy Planner Classic sizes.
Free August Planner Printables for US Letter and Happy Planner Classic
Wrap up the last full month of summer with these beach themed planner printables for August.
August Journal Prompts for Adults (+ free printable beach theme journal pages)
Grab your free printable beach theme journal pages/note pages and 31 August journaling prompts for adults.
July Journal Prompts for Adults + Free Printable Journal Pages
Make time for self-care this July with these July journaling prompts for self-discovery.
Free Printable July Planner Pages (US Letter & Happy Planner Sizes)
Stay organized this summer with these boho tropical themed planner pages for July.
June Journal Prompts + Free Printable Journal Pages
Refresh your journal practice for summer with these free printable mermaid themed journal pages and journaling prompts for June.
Free Printable June Planner Pages for US Letter and Happy Planner
Get ready for summer with these free printable mermaid themed planner page inserts!
Printable May Planner Pages
Celebrate spring in full bloom with these beauitful planner inserts for May! Available in US letter and Happy Planner Classic sizes.
Printable April Planner Pages
Get ready for spring with these pretty floral planner inserts. These printable April planner pages are available in US letter and Happy Planner Classic sizes.
March Journal Prompts & Free Printable Journal for March
Rejuvinate your juornal practice for spring with these free March journal prompts and printable journal.
Printable March Planner Pages for Happy Planner & US Letter
Get your planner ready for spring with these free printable March planner pages for US letter and Happy Planner Classic.
February Planner Printables
These sweet planner printables for February are decorated with hearts and coffee. US letter size and Happy Planner Classic sizes are included.
January Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery and Achieving your Goals
Reflect on your goals and what you will do differently this year to achieve them with these January journal prompts.
December Journal Prompts
Have a more relaxed holiday season with these December journal prompts.
November Journal Prompts
Reflect on gratitude and Thanksgiving with these November journal prompts.
October Journal Prompts
These October journal prompts are a lot of fun! The sweet and spooky watercolor illustrations on the printables are a great way to get in the Halloween spirit.
Journaling for New Moms
Discover the benefts of journaling for new moms.
Leave a Reply