These free printable August Happy Planner Classic inserts and US letter planner pages are an easy to way to make your planner fun and functional without a trip to the store or waiting for the snail mail. This month’s planner inserts feature fun beach scenes to wrap up the last full month of summer. I hope you enjoy!
If it’s still July when you find this post, be sure to grab your printable July planner pages here. You can find menu planner printables for August here and download July menu planner printables in this post.
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to print planner inserts
This planner has vibrant tropical beach clipart. They’re such a fun way to finish your summer! To help your pages look and feel their best, follow these two tips:
1. Use a bright white, heavyweight printer paper, not whatever cheap copy paper is in the printer at work. I use and recommend using HP 32# bright white paper for professional results. This page is bright white for eye-catching colors and it’s thicker so your pages are less prone to ghosting, feathering, and bleed through.
To see the 32 lb bright white paper paper and compare it to other papers, visit this post on the best paper for planner inserts. I tested these floral planner printable pages on multiple papers and cardstocks. There’s a video flip through of actual printed pages so you can see the difference your paper selection makes.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Optimized for HP technology: All HP Papers provide premium performance on HP equipment, as well as on all other printer and copier equipment. 100%...
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
2. Print your planner pages at 100% size unless you’re intentionally scaling them down. The artwork and planner boxes are positioned to fit inside standard print margins.
Make sure you’re printing at 100% size or actual size, even for the Happy Planner pages. Sometimes printers use previous print job’s settings or try to scale the Happy Planner pages up to fill a letter size page. Select 100% or “actual” size, not scale to fit.
Your print dialogue box should look something like the screenshot below (page shown is from the February planer printable set):
How to use letter sized planner inserts
It’s okay if you don’t have an official planner. The US letter pages are perfect for using in a 3 ring binder, household binder, or Happy Planner Big. Just print, hole punch, and enjoy your new printable planner pages. Letter sized pages print well on A4 paper, too.
How to print and trim Happy Planner Classic inserts
The Happy Planner insert pages are not scaled down versions of the letter size. They are specifically designed to fit Happy Planner Classic stickers. You can also use Erin Condren stickers, but they will be a little bit short in the boxes. (But if you’re a HPC users, you’re probably used to this!)
How to print and use Happy Planner Classic inserts:
1. Print your pages at 100% size.
2. Trim your printed pages down to size. Use the clipart along an edge as your initial guide and to trim the sides. Cut the top edge so that the finished page is 9.25″ high. (Happy Planner Classic pages are 7″x9.25″)
Use a paper cutter or trimmer for quick, clean results. I use a Fiskar’s paper trimmer with a guide wire. If you don’t have a paper cutter, you can use scissors. Your cuts won’t be as straight and even, though.
3. Hole punch your Happy Planner pages using your Happy Planner punch. Sometimes it’s available on Amazon, but sometimes it’s in stock with Michael’s at a lower price. Sometimes it’s not in stock one place or the other, so if you’re thinking about buying one and see it, grab it. It took me several weeks of frequent checking to finally find a Happy Planner hole punch when I purchased mine.
- Punch capacity - 3 sheets of paper or 1 sheet of cardstock
- Punch is designed to fit perfectly in The Happy Planners
- Personal customization- Now you can punch your own paper and add it to your planner
4. Insert the pages in your planner! They should pop in just like an any other HPC insert. Printable stickers are a fun way to make your planner pretty and functional. Make sure to check out The Artisan Life archive of free printable planner sticker.
You do not need to have a cutting machine or sticker maker to make your own planner stickers. Discover more about the benefits of printable stickers and how to cut stickers without a cutting machine. Although cutting machines are cool, I usually cut my stickers by hand (even though I own a Silhouette).
How to print letter sized PDFs at other sizes
You can print letter sized pages to scale and cut them down them to fit other planner sizes. The ratio won’t be exactly the same, but the entire design will fit within the page once it’s trimmed down. Be sure to use the planner page dimensions, not the edges of the clipart on the planner printables, as your guide when trimming.
Use the planner sizing chart below as your guide when printing:
Free printable August planner insert download area
Let’s take a look at your free printable planner pages. The two versions are very similar, but they have slightly different aspect ratios.
Both sets of August planner inserts have six pages with:
- Cover page
- Gratitude journal
- Two page monthly spread
- Two page vertical weekly spread
The Happy Planner inserts are shown below. The US letter version is shown in other preview images in this post. I’ve noticed the preview images below are a little less vibrant than the actual PDF because of image compression to help this page load quickly. They’re even more beautiful in the download file!
Please note that the artwork in these printables is copyright by DigitalArtsi and is used under license. Thank you, Jane, for your beautiful artwork and generous licensing.
Like all journal and planner printables on The Artisan Life, these planner pages are for personal and classroom use.
Personal use includes use with your own students, therapy clients, homeschool co-op, etc. as long as you are personally organizing the activity and not charging specifically to use the printables.
You are not licensed to alter, redistribute, or sell the digital files or printed pages. Please contact me if you have any questions.
I hope you enjoy using these printable planner pages for August! Be sure to download these planner printables while you’re here: