These printable July Happy Planner Classic inserts and US letter planner pages are an easy to way to make your planner beautiful and functional without a trip to the store or waiting for the mail. This month’s planner inserts feature boho tropical watercolors with an earthy color palette.
If it’s still June when you find this post, be sure to grab your printable June planner pages here. You can find menu planner printables for June here and download July menu planner printables in this post.
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to print planner inserts
This planner has lovely boho tropical watercolor clipart. The detail and texture on them is fantastic. To help your pages look and feel their best, follow these two tips:
1. Use a bright white, heavyweight printer paper. I use HP 32# bright white paper for my printables for bright, professional looking results. This thicker paper is nicer to write on than cheap copy paper, and it’s less prone to bleeding and ghosting.
To see the 32 lb bright white paper paper and compare it to other papers, visit this post on the best paper for planner inserts. I tested the same floral planner printable pages on several different papers and cardstocks so you can see the difference and make an informed decision. There’s a video flip through of actual printed pages so you can see the difference it makes.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Optimized for HP technology: All HP Papers provide premium performance on HP equipment, as well as on all other printer and copier equipment. 100%...
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
2. Make sure to print your planner pages at 100% size unless you’re intentionally scaling them down. The artwork and functional planner boxes are positioned to fit inside standard print margins.
Double check and make sure you’re printing at 100% size or actual size. Sometimes your printer will use a previous print job’s settings or try to scale the Happy Planner pages up to fill the letter size page. Make sure 100 or actual size, not scale to fit or scale to fill.
Your print dialogue box should look similar to the screenshot below (page shown is from the February planer printable set):
How to use letter sized planner inserts
US letter sized pages are perfect for using in a 3 ring binder, household binder, or Happy Planner Big. Just print, hole punch, and enjoy your new printable planner pages. FYI – the boxes on the letter pages are not an exact match for the big Happy Planner box sizes.
Letter sized pages print well on A4 paper, too.
How to print and trim Happy Planner Classic inserts
The Happy Planner insert pages are not scaled down versions of the letter size. They are specifically designed to fit Happy Planner Classic stickers. This means you can also use EC stickers, but they will be a little short in the boxes.
Here’s how to print and use your HPC planner inserts:
1. Print your pages at 100% size.
2. Trim your printed pages to size. Use the clipart along the bottom as your initial guide and to trim the sides. Cut the top edge so that the finished page is 9.25″ high. (Happy Planner Classic pages are 7″x9.25″)
I recommend using a paper cutter or trimmer (not scissors) for quick, clean results. I use a Fiskar’s paper trimmer with a guide wire.
3. Hole punch your Happy Planner pages using your Happy Planner punch. Sometimes it’s available on Amazon, but sometimes it’s in stock with Michael’s at a lower price. I’ve frequently seen it out of stock both places. I didn’t buy mine when I first thought about it, then I ended up having to wait several months for it to come back in stock again.
- Punch capacity - 3 sheets of paper or 1 sheet of cardstock
- Punch is designed to fit perfectly in The Happy Planners
- Personal customization- Now you can punch your own paper and add it to your planner
4. Insert the pages in your planner and enjoy! Printable stickers are a fun way to make your planner pretty and functional. Make sure to check out my archive of free printable planner stickers!
You do not need to have access to a cutting machine or sticker maker to use printable stickers. Discover more about the benefits of printable stickers and how to cut stickers without a cutting machine. Honestly, I own a Silhouette and I usually make stickers by hand because it’s easier than arguing with my machine.
How to print letter sized PDFs at other sizes
You can print letter sized pages to scale and cut them down them to fit other planner sizes.
Please note that the pages won’t be the exact ratio of printables designed for that size, but everything will fit within the page margins. For example, there may be a bit of extra white space on the sides or top/bottom after you cut the pages down. Be sure to use the planner page dimensions, not the edges of the clipart on the planner printables, as your guide when trimming.
Use the planner sizing chart below as your guide when printing:
Free printable July planner insert download area
Let’s take a look at your free printable planner pages. The two versions are very similar, but they are slightly different. For example, the HPC pages have a washi-style border on the weekly pages.
Both sets of July planner inserts have six pages with:
- Cover page
- Gratitude journal
- Two page monthly spread
- Two page vertical weekly spread
This is what the US letter planner inserts for July look like:
And here are the July Happy Planner pages:
Like all journal and planner printables on The Artisan Life, these planner pages are for personal and classroom use.
Personal use includes use with your own students, therapy clients, homeschool co-op, etc. as long as you are personally organizing the activity and not charging specifically to use the printables.
You are not licensed to alter, redistribute, or sell the digital files or printed pages. Please contact me if you have any questions.
I hope you enjoy using these printable planner pages for July! Be sure to download these planner printables while you’re here: