This free December calendar printable or 2023 is an easy way to stay organized during the busy holiday season. There are two different free printable calendars available from this post: a full color calendar for this festive season and "less color" version that's kinder on your printer ink.
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
Fun facts about the month of December
December is the 12th month of the year in the Julian calendar and Gregorian calendar, but the name "December" comes from the Latin word for "tenth." That's because the old Roman calendar had 10 months.
December was the last month of the year for the Romans, as well, but their calendar originally only had 304 days! Historians say the additional 61 days were in winter and seem to have been largely ignored/unnamed by Romans until Julius Cesar changed the calendar in 45 BC.
Special days and December holidays in 2023
December is a busy month! There are several major holidays and important dates in December, including:
- The start of Advent - December 3
- St Nicholas Day - December 6
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (United States) - December 7
- The start of Hanukkah - December 7
- Bill of Rights Day - December 15
- Wright Brother's Day - December 16
- Winter Solstice (first day of winter in the Northern Hemisphere) - December 21 (this date marks the Summer Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere)
- Christmas Eve - December 24
- Christmas Day - December 25
- Boxing Day - December 26
- Start of Kwanzaa - December 26
- New Year's Eve - December 31
That's a full month! That's why you need these free December calendar templates to keep track of your December plans.
None of these daily holidays are marked on your blank calendar templates. Only the dates for 2023 are pre-filled. Make sure to write down the holidays you want to keep track of on your printable calendar pages!
How to use your free printable December calendars
It's very easy to print your own monthly calendar. All you need is your PDF calendar and printer access! It makes a cute wall calendar and can also be posted on fridge, at your desk, etc.
This free December calendar is sized for US letter paper size in landscape orientation (not portrait orientation). Both pages are saved in PDF format in the same file. Just pick which page you want to use and make sure to select only that page (1 or 2) when you print.
These free printables are great for keeping track of important days, special occasions, etc. during this final month of the year. A single page calendar is a great way to see the entire month at a glance.
Because there isn't a whole lot of space on each day, you may want to grab some additional free printables to stock your personal planner while you're here on The Artisan Life.
These Santa bullet journal printables are a great choice for planning your daily schedule!
I recommend printing your monthly planner on HP premium paper. It's a great options because it's thicker and brighter than "regular" printer paper, which means your calendar will look more professional.
To see this paper compared to other options, including card stock, please visit this post with the best paper for planner printables.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
It's easy to print your PDF files to scale and trim them down for use in a personal planner or travel planner. I've already done the math for you. Just use the appropriate percentage from the chart below, print to scale (instead of fit), and cut away the excess with a paper trimmer.
- ARTS AND CRAFTS STAPLE: Fiskars SureCut Deluxe Craft and Office Paper Trimmer is a great addition to scrapbook supplies, stationary projects, and...
- PRECISION ART SUPPLIES: Scale and base deck grid help ensure accuracy; Break- and fray-proof SureCut wire cut-line makes it easy to see where the...
- LONG LASTING AND RELIABLE: Lightweight and portable trimmer is easy to transport and store; Fiskars craft supplies and materials are built to last
This is a Monday start calendar. Please pay attention to this detail if you've been following along with my monthly calendar templates this year. The October calendar was a Sunday start so Halloween could have a full-sized square.
This monthly calendar template is in portrait orientation and has a spot for notes and to jot down a "top three" for the month. These could be top three gratitudes, top three to-dos, or something else. The choice is yours! The notes section could be used for to-do lists, gratitude, or a word of the month.
December printable calendar template download area
Your printable calendar pages are licensed for personal use and single classroom use.
You are not licensed to redistribute or sell the print outs or files to other adults for use with their children/students. Please refer friends and colleagues to this post so they can download their own copies.
If you agree to this license, you may click the download button below:
I hope you enjoy your December 2023 calendar pages! Be sure to check out the posts below for more free calendar templates, planner pages, and journal pages: