This free homework tracker printable is an easy way for your student to keep track of homework assignments and due dates. It’s designed with middle school and elementary school students in mind so it’s simple and easy to use. I hope it helps your family!
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Using a printable planner is a fun an inexpensive way to make a customized student planner. This homework tracker can be used as a standalone sheet or combined with other printable planner pages to make a personalized planner.
Adding to-do lists, notes section, or habit tracker is a simple way to make make your own functional student planner. There are many other free printable planner templates here on The Artisan Life, too.
This assignment tracker is very easy to make reusable. Instead of printing a new sheet each week, print one for the week (or separate pages for different subjects), protect it with lamination or a sheet protector, and use a wet erase marker to track assignments.
Laminating the homework planner template is the most durable option, but it can be difficult to keep laminated pages organized.
I prefer to use heavy duty “secure” sheet protectors. They are easy to organize in a three ring binder and durable enough for use throughout the school year. They have the added benefit of being very quick and easy to use!
- Keep contents secure in the protective sleeve with convenient top flap; perfect for holding nonstandard size papers and important items
- Get a crisp, clear view of the contents of your documents with diamond clear page protectors featuring a polished finish for high clarity
- Ensure your documents stay protected with long-lasting super heavyweight sheet protectors for all of your frequently referenced items
Make sure to use a fine tipped wet erase marker to keep track of assignments. A dry erase marker comes off too easily.
- SMUDGE FREE: With Tackie Markers’ wet erase ink, there is no need to worry about staining your hands nor fading or blurring your notes. Let the ink...
- SO MANY USES: When your ideas matter, Tackie Markers captures them on desktop white boards, reusable sticky notes, dry erase notpads, glass doors,...
- PACK OF 6 MARKERS: Boxed set includes 6 bright bullet tip, low odor pens with premium polyester fiber tips. Bullet tip creates bold, thick lines great...
Time Management Tips for Kids
Time management is a skill that most children are not inherently “good” at. That’s okay! This assignment planner can help. Use this free download to help your child develop his or her time-management skills.
As your child gets used to using the tracker, you can help your child fill our their homework tracker on a day-to-day basis. You may also want to add in time for working on larger assignments or study time for upcoming exams. Children with busy schedules may also want to add extracurricular activities to their tracker to insure they have enough time to complete required assignments.
Work together to come up with a game plan for tackling homework. For example, identifying smaller tasks and completing them first works well for many children. Completing a task quickly and easily helps your child keep momentum up so they have the mental energy and confidence to tackle harder tasks.
A visual timer can be a powerful tool for helping children stay on task without overwhelming them. Visual timers typically cost less than $20 and come in a variety of different colors so you can pick something fun your child will enjoy. I prefer using a physical timer instead of a mobile app so you can keep phones and tablets out of the homework area to minimize distractions.
- 🕑 Time Management -- What can you get done in 60 minutes? Improve time management, perform tasks effectively, complete your work, and encourage...
- 🕑 Easy to Use -- Turn the dial clockwise to adjust the time. To turn the timer off—simply turn back to zero. Requires 2 "AAA" batteries (Not...
- 🕑 Kid friendly -- No distracting ticking. Secura visual timer feature a blue disc making it easy for children to understand the passage of time...
Children need “brain breaks.” Make sure to allow your child quick breaks to play outside or otherwise move their bodies.
- Young children should take about a 5 minute break for every 10-15 minutes of work.
- Middle schoolers can usually work for 20-30 minutes before taking a quick break.
- Research shows that taking frequent, short breaks reduces frustration and improves overall productivity.
Free homework schedule printable PDF file
This free printable homework tracker is available in PDF format. It is licensed for personal use, which includes use with your own children or students.
This printable is not licensed for commercial use, redistribution, or resale. Please refer friends and colleagues to this post if they’d like a copy.
If you agree to this license, you may click below. The link will open in a new tab and should start to download automatically. You may n need to authorize downloads from Dropbox if asked for permission. You do not need a Dropbox account.
I hope your student enjoys this homework tracker printable! Make sure to grab additional free planner printables while you’re here on The Artisan Life: