Finally make time for your gratitude practice with this free printable one good thing a day journal. This simple journal will help you create and maintain a gratitude practice all year long. I hope you enjoy!
This one good thing a day journal features a watercolor crystal theme and a single line to record a gratitude every day. It’s a fantastic way to get started with a gratitude journal (or resume after taking a break).
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
How to use a printable journal
The basics of using a printable journal are pretty easy. Simply download, print, and enjoy! These pages are US Letter sized so you can place them in a binder, keep them on a clipboard, store them in a folder, or print them at a smaller size and trim them down to fit your favorite planner system.
I personally enjoy keeping this year-long gratitude journal un-bound so it’s easy to access and write on. I prefer to use file folders or pocket folders for quick and easy journaling printables like these. A cute clipboard is another great choice.
I recommend using 32 lb bright white paper for a professional feeling (and looking) journal that’s a joy to write in. This paper is smooth to the touch, plus your pens and markers don’t feather and bleed on it like they do on “regular” printer paper. For a comparison of various papers, with a video flip through of print outs, check out this post with the best paper for planner printables.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
Using US Letter printables in a planner
As mentioned above, these line a day gratitude journal printables are in US letter size. Happy Planner Big, Franklin Covey Monarch, and Daytimer Folio all use US letter sized pages. If you use one of these systems, just print the pages, hole punch, and use your pages. The designs are inside safe printer margins.
For other planner systems and bullet journals, print the pages to scale and trim them down using a paper trimmer. Use the chart below as your reference when you print to scale. A4 sized paper is not on the chart – just select the “scale to fit” option when printing. The ratio isn’t exactly the same as US letter, but it’s close enough that you don’t need to do any special math.
You need to add pages differently for different planner systems. Here’s now to add pages to a disc bound planner, a ring planner, and a coil bound planner or notebook:
- For disc bound systems: (eg, Happy Planner)
- Print to scale, if needed. Print at full size for Big, at scale for Classic and Small.
- Trim the pages down. I find it easiest to trim one long side to 7.75″, then the other long edge to 7″, followed by trimming the short edges down to size for a finished page that’s 9.25″ tall.
- Use the appropriate hole punch. Make sure to get the Classic size for Classic and the Big size hole punch for the Happy Planner Big.
- For ring planners: (ie Filofax and Day Timer)
- The correct hole punch makes hole punching faster and easier.
- This adjustable 6 hole punch is a good choice because it can be used for a variety of personal and compact A5 and A6 planners.
- You can also use a single hole punch and a spare planner page to line up the holes.
- Place the two sheets together with the punched planner page on top.
- Use a pencil to mark where the hole needs to be.
- Punch the hole with your single hole punch.
- This method is tedious and has the potential to introduce error a lot of places along the way. An adjustable 6 hole punch is faster and easier.
- You can tape or glue pages into your favorite bullet journal or notebook. I love using double sided tape to hold the page and washi tape to decorate. This is a great choice if you prefer casebound notebooks with a solid spine. You can see this process demonstrated in several other reposts on The Artisan Life, such as in this post with free Santa bujo planner pages.
- Yes, you can add pages to a coil bound planner. The video below was originally filmed for this post. This method works for coil bound planners and notebooks.
Daily gratitude journal PDF
This printable journal has 26 pages:
- A cover page
- Two pages for each month
You can preview the pages below before downloading them. Only the first page for each month is shown. Each month has two pages in the PDF printable. Download information is located below the previews – look for the row of purple arrows.
You are licensed to print and use these journal prompts for your own personal use and with your children, students, book club, therapy clients, and other activities you are personally organizing.
If you enjoy journaling and planning, make sure to get these additional free printables and journal prompts here on The Artisan Life:
Journal Prompts and Planner Printables
These journal prompts remove the fear of the blank page and allow you to start journaling today! Make sure to grab your free printable journal pages in each post.
Journaling for Self-Care (+ self-care journal prompts & a free printable)
These journal prompts for self-care and self-discover help you dive deep and discover more about yourself.
Free Printable Hygge Journal
Grab your favorite blanket and a warm mug of tea - it's time to get cozy with these hygge journal prompts.
Cozy Tea Theme Free September Planner Printables
Get cozy and organized for fall with these free printable tea themed planner pages in US letter and Happy Planner Classic sizes.
Free August Planner Printables for US Letter and Happy Planner Classic
Wrap up the last full month of summer with these beach themed planner printables for August.
August Journal Prompts for Adults (+ free printable beach theme journal pages)
Grab your free printable beach theme journal pages/note pages and 31 August journaling prompts for adults.
July Journal Prompts for Adults + Free Printable Journal Pages
Make time for self-care this July with these July journaling prompts for self-discovery.
Free Printable July Planner Pages (US Letter & Happy Planner Sizes)
Stay organized this summer with these boho tropical themed planner pages for July.
June Journal Prompts + Free Printable Journal Pages
Refresh your journal practice for summer with these free printable mermaid themed journal pages and journaling prompts for June.
Free Printable June Planner Pages for US Letter and Happy Planner
Get ready for summer with these free printable mermaid themed planner page inserts!
Printable May Planner Pages
Celebrate spring in full bloom with these beauitful planner inserts for May! Available in US letter and Happy Planner Classic sizes.
Printable April Planner Pages
Get ready for spring with these pretty floral planner inserts. These printable April planner pages are available in US letter and Happy Planner Classic sizes.
March Journal Prompts & Free Printable Journal for March
Rejuvinate your juornal practice for spring with these free March journal prompts and printable journal.
Printable March Planner Pages for Happy Planner & US Letter
Get your planner ready for spring with these free printable March planner pages for US letter and Happy Planner Classic.
February Planner Printables
These sweet planner printables for February are decorated with hearts and coffee. US letter size and Happy Planner Classic sizes are included.
February Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery
Grab your free printble journal for February!
January Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery and Achieving your Goals
Reflect on your goals and what you will do differently this year to achieve them with these January journal prompts.
December Journal Prompts
Have a more relaxed holiday season with these December journal prompts.
November Journal Prompts
Reflect on gratitude and Thanksgiving with these November journal prompts.
October Journal Prompts
These October journal prompts are a lot of fun! The sweet and spooky watercolor illustrations on the printables are a great way to get in the Halloween spirit.
Journaling for New Moms
Discover the benefts of journaling for new moms.
Leave a Reply