Celebrate the true meaning of Christmas with this lovely watercolor Advent calendar. Each day has seasonal watercolor illustrations and an inspiring quotation to help you celebrate the season. Each day's page is on a 5x7 card that can be slipped in a frame, placed in a card holder, taped to your fridge, or even used as inspirational wall art. I hope you enjoy!
Looking for a child's Advent calendar? Be sure to check out this Christmas countdown calendar for kids.
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
If you love Christmas, you've come to the right place. Make sure to stop by this page of free Christmas printables for party games, templates, coloring pages, and more. Some of the most popular printables are these Christmas picture bingo cards, these Christmas party game printables, and this Christmas emoji pictionary game.
How to use Advent calendar cards
Using this daily Advent calendar is fun and easy. Just print, cut, and display! Each card is a convenient 5x7 size so you can easily slip it into a standard picture frame. You can use a decorative frame, a simple acrylic frame, or even just a greeting card stand. You could also use washi tape to tape each card to the wall or your fridge. There are so many options!
You may want to laminate your pages. This will allow you to use the same calendar for several years. I recommend laminating before cutting to save yourself from cutting everything twice.
- Laminates documents up to 9 inches wide; compatible with letter, legal, business-card, and photo-size papers
- Works with any 3 mil or 5 mil laminating pouch; note: mil refers to thickness of lamination film
- 2 heat settings: 3mil (best for normal documents, photos, and card stock) and 5mil (best for thinner papers)
For best results, print your Advent calendar cards on HP 32# paper. It's brighter white and sturdier than normal copy paper. Images printed on cardstock aren't quite as bright and crisp, but cardstock is sturdier if you're using a card stand. For a side-by-side comparison of printouts done on both options, be sure to visit this post about the best paper for printables.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
As mentioned above, you may want to laminate your Advent calendar cards after printing. This isn't absolutely necessary, but it is helpful if you'll be getting "help" from your kids.
You can use scissors to cut the cards apart, but a paper trimmer will save you lots of time. I use this Fiskars paper trimmer with a handy guide wire to mark your cut.
- ARTS AND CRAFTS STAPLE: Fiskars SureCut Deluxe Craft and Office Paper Trimmer is a great addition to scrapbook supplies, stationary projects, and...
- PRECISION ART SUPPLIES: Scale and base deck grid help ensure accuracy; Break- and fray-proof SureCut wire cut-line makes it easy to see where the...
- LONG LASTING AND RELIABLE: Lightweight and portable trimmer is easy to transport and store; Fiskars craft supplies and materials are built to last
Finally, use and enjoy! I really enjoy the quotations on each page and find they help me think about the Christmas spirit. The pages count up with the day of the month displayed one each page.
Free Advent calendar printable PDF
The Advent calendar cards are printed two to a page, then you cut them apart into 5x7 cards. The pages are shown in groups time to help this page load more quickly, but each pair of cards has its own page in the PDF. Download information is located below the preview images - look for the row of purple arrows. Any blurriness in the preview images is due to image compression The printable PDF is high resolution.
Like all free printables on The Artisan Life, this Advent calendar is available for personal and classroom use. You are welcome to use them in your own personal classroom, with your Scout troop, your own therapy clients, etc. as long as you are organizing the activity.
You are not licensed to alter, sell, or redistribute the files (digital or printed) to others for their use. You absolutely are not licensed to post them for sale or download on any website. Please just send your friends and family to this page to download their own copies.
If you agree to this license, you may click below:
I hope you enjoy using this Advent calendar and that the quotations inspire you. Be sure to check out these additional Christmas printables while you're here: