These free printable tropical Christmas gift tags are an easy way to bring the beach home for Christmas. They’re great whether you live someplace warm like Florida or Hawaii or just wish you were seeing white sands instead of white snow.
This set of printable Christmas gift tags includes a blackout png file so you can quickly and easy cut them with your cutting machine. Don’t worry – they’re also very easy to cut out by hand if you don’t have access to a cutting machine.
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made through links at no additional cost to you.
I’m a South Carolinian, my husband is from Miami, and we lived in Hawaii for many years. The only “white Christmas” we’ve ever seen has been at the beach! I hope these free printable Christmas gift tags bring tropical cheer to your Christmas.
If you enjoy these tags, be sure to check out this Tropical Christmas coloring book available in print. It has the same fun graphics (and many more) in coloring book form.
If you love Christmas, you’ve come to the right place. Make sure to stop by this page of free Christmas printables for party games, templates, additional coloring pages, and more. Some of the most popular are these free printable snowman templates, gingerbread man templates, and star templates.
How to print your own gift tags
- Your free printable gift tags (look for the row of purple arrows lower down in the post)
- Paper or cardstock (see below)
- Printer access
- Scissors or paper cutting machine
- A paper trimmer is helpful for the long, straight cuts, but you’ll still want a pair of scissors or hobby knife to cut the angled pieces
- For a step-by-step look at using a hobby blade for cutting printables, make sure to check out this post on how to cut printable stickers without a cutting machine
- A paper cutting machine is absolutely not necessary, but I have included a blackout png file for Silhouette and Circuit users
- A small hole punch, sharp awl, large needle, or some other way to poke a hole in the top
- Bakers twine, ribbon, etc. to attach gift tag to your gift
For the best results, print these gift tags on 32# paper or card stock. The 32# HP paper (my personal favorite) isn’t as thick as cardstock, but images look much brighter and more professional. You can see side-by-side comparisons of the best papers for printables in this post. The post includes a video with actual printouts on multiple different papers and cardstocks so you can see which brings the best results. The tags shown in this post were printed on cardstock for durability.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
(Don’t worry – the small alignment error on the bottom row reindeer tag has been fixed in the download PDF.)
How to print your own gift tags
Printing and making gift tags is super easy! Simply print, cut out, punch a hole in the top, and attach to your gift. Each tag has a spot to write your “to” and “from” so you don’t have to write on the back.
Remember if you print with an inkjet printer, the ink will be sucesptible to water damage. Make sure not to get drips on the presents when you water the tree!
Free printable surfing Santa Christmas gift tags
The main gift tag file is a PDF, but there is also a transparent png “blackout” file for use with cutting machines. Not familiar with using a blackout file for cutting? I found a helpful post from an Etsy sheller showing how to use blackout files with a cutting machine. These tags are very easy to cut by hand – do not worry if you don’t have an electronic cutting machine.
An archive utility comes pre-installed on Mac OS. If you don’t have an archive tool already installed, you can unzip files for free on ezyzip.com. If you have trouble, I found a helpful post from an Etsy seller explaining how to unzip any file on any device.
Like all free printables on The Artisan Life, these gift tags are available for personal use.
You are not licensed to alter, sell, or redistribute the files (digital or printed) to others for their use. You absolutely are not licensed to post them for sale or download on any website. Please just send your friends and family to this page to download their own copies.
If you agree to this license, you may click below:
I hope you enjoy coloring these tropical Christmas gift tags! Be sure to check out these additional Christmas printables while you’re here: