Christmas is such a fun time for crafting! These free printable Christmas tree outline templates can be used for everything from fun crafts like making ornaments and gift tags to crafting projects with glitter and sequins. They're perfect for your next holiday project, holiday bulletin board, and other Christmas activities. I hope you enjoy!
This post includes affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through a link I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
With 14 sizes of Christmas tree patterns ranging all the way up to an extra large, 10" high printable Christmas tree, there's something for every crafting project in this collection. I hope you find the perfect Christmas tree shape and size for your holiday crafts.
Ideas for using printable Christmas tree patterns
Decorating for the holidays is so much fun! It's a great bonding experience with your kids and is good for you even if you don't have kids.
Did you know that research shows decorating early for the holidays makes you happier? That's right - decorating for Christmas is good for you! So go ahead and start the holiday season early.
There are so many ways to use these free printable Christmas tree templates for your holiday projects. Here are a few ideas for craft projects and activities to get you started:
- Print them on green paper or card stock, cut them out, and use for garland, ornaments, or gift tags.
- Print onto white paper or cardstock then trace them onto construction paper, glitter cardstock, craft foam, or other materials.
- Trace around a cut out with a chopstick or knife to make ornaments from salt dough, air dry clay, or polymer clay.
- Cut out the center and use the shape as a stencil for painting.
- Use the larger Christmas trees as simple coloring pages.
- Use the mid-sized Christmas trees as unique cards.
- Have your child or students cut them out to practice their fine motor skills.
- Decorate the cut outs with green glitter glue or pom poms to make fun and easy Christmas tree ornaments.
- Pair them with these free printable star templates for even more possibilities.
There are different designs in various sizes for download on this page, but they are all relatively simple templates. If you want more complex designs, be sure to check out these free printable Christmas tree coloring pages.
These tree outlines start at 2" tall. If you want smaller trees, I recommend using a tree-shaped hole punch.
Free Christmas tree template printables
These outlines and templates are all available free for personal use (non-commercial use), including single classroom use. Feel free to download and print them as many times as you'd like for yourself, your family, or your own classroom.
Please do not redistribute the digital files or printouts to others. Just send your family and friends a link to this post so they can download the files for themselves.
The images are low resolution previews. Access your free downloads by using the link directly below each preview image. Your PDF file download should start automatically, but you may need to authorize downloads from Dropbox if asked for permission. You *do not* need a Dropbox account.
You're busy - save valuable time when you snag all 14 pages in one handy file for the very low price of $1! (Keep scrolling for the individual free download links)
Small Christmas tree templates
Medium Christmas tree templates
Large Christmas tree outlines
This extra large Christmas tree template is a little bit different. You'll need to print two copies and tape them together or trace the template then flip it and trace again. This allows you to create a 10" high Christmas tree that's bigger than what fits on a single page!
I hope you enjoy using these Free printable Christmas tree outlines for your holiday crafts. Be sure to check out these additional free printables for Christmas available here on The Artisan Life: