These free printable Christmas cards are a fun activity for kids of all ages! Your child or students will love sharing their own Christmas cards with friends and family members.
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
These cards also make great kindness gifts for local nursing homes and hospitals. No matter how you decide to use your free Christmas card to color, I hope you enjoy.
Making coloring Christmas cards is a fun way for your entire family (or classroom) to get in the Christmas spirit. Each person can add his or her own personal touch to the cards.
You may be surprised by how different the same design colored by two different people can turn out! Your kids will love giving their own unique cards to a loved one or friend.
This post includes eight free printable cards in two different styles. Each of the color-in holiday cards is available both in a postcard style and in a fold-over style.
In addition to being fun, coloring also provides stress relief and fine motor skills practice. They also make a great last-minute card if you need something in a hurry! A handmade card is so much more special than a store-bought card.
The inside of the card is blank, so that you can add your own Christmas message. The single-fold design cards are a perfect fit for a standard 4x6 card envelop, once the card is trimmed down.
- Size: A4 size white environmental protection envelope, made of 4.25 x 6.25" A4 size, with a square seal in the form of a glue booklet, made of kraft...
- Privacy Protection: These invitation envelopes for 4x6 cards are thick, sturdy and not see- through, keeping your contents private and refusing to...
- Sealing: This is a huge time-saving envelope, each envelope comes with a separate tape, just tear off the protective strip, press, and seal it. Easy...
Table of Contents
How to use printable Christmas card templates
These printable Christmas coloring cards are designed for US letter sized paper.
For best results, print your cards on card stock or a heavy weight, premium paper. My favorite paper is 32# HP premium printer paper. It isn't as thick as card stock, but it is ultra bright and has a smooth finish that's beautiful and fun to color on.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
Regular copy paper is more yellow, thinner, and rougher than the options given above, but it works if it's all you have access to.
Make sure your printer settings show "print to scale: 100%" or a similar language that indicates the image is being print at full size if you want have cards that fit in a 4x6 envelope.
You will also need a paper cutter/trimmer or scissors. A paper trimmer is more accurate and faster, but scissors will work.
I personally use and love my Fiskar's paper trimmer. It has a guide wire to show exactly where your cut will be. I've had mine for almost a decade and it's still going strong!
- 12" personal paper trimmer, bend-resistant rails and aluminum alignment grid.
- Sleek, space-saving design features durable rails that won't bend or bow, so you get a straight, true cut every time.
- Compact 12" trimmer is ideal for home office or craft projects.
And, of course, you'll need your favorite art supplies! Don't limit yourself to pencils and crayons - feel free to use different mediums like acrylic or poster paints, glue, litter, and other embellishments.
Collection of printable Christmas cards previews
Your set of printable Christmas coloring pages cards includes eight different designs to different ways so you can create your perfect Christmas card.
There is one design without any text. Other cards have various holiday messages such as:
- Let it snow
- Hope your Christmas is dino-mite
- Hope your Christmas is magical
- Happy Hoidays
- Merry Christmas
- Santa Paws is coming to town
As noted above, each design is available as a postcard style and a fold-over card style. All pages are included in the same PDF file. I'm including images of only the postcard style cards so that you have less to scroll past.
Christmas cards to color PDF file download area
These Christmas cards for children to color are licensed for personal and single classroom use. This includes use with library activities and therapy clients.
You are not licensed to redistribute or sell the files or print outs to others. Please refer friends and colleagues to this post to download their own pages.
I hope you enjoy! Make sure to check out the posts below for more free printable Christmas fun: