These free printable ladybug coloring pages are so cute and fun! Grab 15+ free printable ladybug/ladybird coloring sheets for children to keep your kids happily busy and coloring.
Ten of the cartoon ladybugs have a doodle frame for simpler coloring pages that are perfect for younger children. Six of the pages have a more detailed background scene to color. For very young children, like toddlers and preschoolers, you can use these free printable ladybug templates as a coloring page.
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
These coloring sheets can be used for anytime fun or as part of a homeschool lesson plan about ladybugs, spring, gardening, or insects. Ladybugs are fascinating. Although they’re cute and harmless to humans, they’re menacing predators in the insect world. Their nymph form is pretty wicked looking and devours aphids. I’m a gardener, so I love ladybugs. If you like gardening, too, make sure to grab your free printable gardening planner in this post.
The book Life Cycle of a Ladybug is a great look at these beetles written for younger children (kindergarten and early elementary).
- Colleen Sexton (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 24 Pages - 01/01/2016 (Publication Date) - Bellwether Media (Publisher)
It’s a Good Thing There Are Ladybugs is another cute, but factual and informative, book about ladybugs for young learners.
- Mattern, Joanne (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 32 Pages - 09/01/2014 (Publication Date) - Children's Press (Publisher)
How to print and use ladybird coloring pages
Printing and using these coloring pages is pretty straightforward – print them off and hand them over to your child.
I recommend printing the coloring pages on 32 lb bright white paper for the best coloring experience. Remember those yellow, rough coloring pages in coloring books as a child? They’re not that fun to color on. This 32 lb paper is smooth and bright for vibrant colors and easy coloring.
Another bonus is that the thicker paper doesn’t bleed through as quickly so markers are less likely to stain your table again.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
Our favorite markers for children’s coloring are Crayola Supertips. They’re affordable and fun for both adults and children. They’re fairly washable, available in a wide variety of colors, and you can even use them for hand lettering practice!
- Sold as 50/ST.
- Markers have tips that are smooth, not scratchy.
- Fine line markers with a versatile tip that draws thick or thin lines.
My daughter’s favorite crayons are Honeysticks natural beeswax crayons. The colors palette is limited, but the colors are rich and creamy. She used to always complain about not being able to see most of the colors from her major name brand crayon set. She never complains of not being able to see what she colors with Honeysticks.
These crayons have the added benefit of being pure beeswax, which means they’re safe for little mouths that can’t always resist tasting their crayons. They’re made in New Zealand so you don’t have to worry about random toxins and contaminates. (Remember all that news a couple of years ago about toxic crayons?)
- 100% PURE BEESWAX AND FOOD GRADE COLORS FOR PEACE OF MIND: Handmade in New Zealand using 100% Beeswax and Food Grade Pigments for Color. Free from the...
- CLASSIC SIZE THAT IS DURABLE AND ERGONOMIC - At Honeysticks, we understand that children develop pencil grip at their own pace. We have developed a...
- 8 EXCITING COLORS TO STIMULATE CREATIVITY - Your child will love expressing their inner artist with an exciting range of 8 Colors. These handmade...
It may sound strange, but you can laminate these pages for repeated use. We recently discovered Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils. They’re basically a large wax crayon in a wooden pencil format. You can use them instead of a dry erase marker, so they can be used to color laminated coloring pages. This means you can make reusable coloring pages. What a time saver! Just print and laminate them once. (The image below is from these free printable dinosaur coloring pages. Click over to that post to see a video of these pencils in action on a laminated page.)
Stabilo Woody pencils are remarkably good at coloring on laminated pages with rich, vibrant colors. Reusable coloring pages are amazing – just wipe them down with a very lightly damp towel and the pencil comes right off. No more printing favorite pages a zillion times. Just print and laminate them once for virtually endless coloring fun.
- XXL lead applies as much pigment as 8 colored pencils at once
- Large width ideal for smaller hands
Cleaning the pencil off is easy with a very slightly damp towel. Move to a clean spot on the towel, as needed, and use firm strokes in one direction to clean up quickly and easily.
Printable ladybug coloring page download information
Download information is located below the preview images. Making these files individually downloadable would be boring and repetitive, so they’re all conveniently located in one free PDF. The preview images are shown in groups of four to keep this post from being a mile long with 16 separate images. Don’t worry – each ladybug has its own page in the PDF!
First, the boring but important bit. These coloring pages are licensed for personal and classroom use. This includes use with Scouts groups, library activities, therapy clients, etc. as long as you are personally organizing the activity.
You are not licensed to redistribute the files or printouts to others for their own personal or classroom use. Please refer your friends and coworkers to this page so they can download their own copies. Thank you!
I hope you enjoy these lady beetle coloring pages! If you or your children enjoy coloring, be sure to grab these additional free printable coloring sheets while you’re here on The Artisan Life: