These free printable 12 Days of Christmas gift tags are an easy way to make your Christmas gifts beautiful. They’re also quicker and less-stressful than a trip to the store in holiday traffic. Need more holiday time savers? Make sure to grab these surfing Santa gift tags and check out these easy DIY gift bow hack.
This set of printable Christmas gift tags includes a blackout png file so you can quickly and easy cut them with your cutting machine. Don’t worry – they’re also very easy to cut out by hand if you don’t have access to a cutting machine.
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
If you love Christmas, you’ve come to the right place. Make sure to stop by this page of free Christmas printables for party games, templates, additional coloring pages, and more. Some of the most popular are these free printable snowman templates, gingerbread man templates, and star templates.
How to print your own gift tags
- Your free printable gift tags (look for the row of purple arrows lower down in the post)
- Paper or cardstock (see below)
- Printer access
- Scissors or paper cutting machine
- A paper trimmer is helpful for the long, straight cuts, but you’ll still want a pair of scissors or hobby knife to cut the angled pieces
- For a step-by-step look at using a hobby blade for cutting printables, make sure to check out this post on how to cut printable stickers without a cutting machine
- A paper cutting machine is absolutely not necessary, but I have included a blackout png file for Silhouette and Circuit users
- A small hole punch, sharp awl, large needle, or some other way to poke a hole in the top
- Bakers twine, ribbon, etc. to attach gift tag to your gift
For the best results, print these gift tags on 32# paper or bright white card stock. The 32# HP paper isn’t as thick as cardstock, but images look much brighter and more professional. You can see side-by-side comparisons of the best papers for printables in this post. The post includes a video with actual printouts on multiple different papers and cardstocks so you can see which brings the best results.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
How to print your own gift tags
Printing and making gift tags is fast and easy! Simply print, cut out, punch a hole in the top, and attach to your gift.
Remember that if you print with an inkjet printer, the ink will be sucesptible to water damage. Make sure not to get drips on the presents when you water the tree! You can take your tags to a local copy shop or office supply store for color laser printing if you want to make the ink waterproof.
Free printable 12 Days of Christmas gift tags
The main gift tag file is a PDF, but there is also a transparent png “blackout” file for use with cutting machines. Not familiar with using a blackout file for cutting? I found a helpful post from an Etsy sheller showing how to use blackout files with a cutting machine. These tags are very easy to cut by hand – don’t worry if you don’t have an electronic cutting machine.
Like other holiday printables on The Artisan Life, these gift tags are available for personal use.
You are not licensed to alter, sell, or redistribute the files (digital or printed) to others for their use. You absolutely are not licensed to post them for sale or download on any website. Please just send your friends and family to this page to download their own copies.
If you agree to this license, you may click below:
I hope you enjoy using your 12 Days of Christmas gift tags! Be sure to check out these additional Christmas printables while you’re here: