These free printable mermaid coloring pages for adults have a lovely, vintage feel. If you’re looking for mermaid coloring pages for kids, make sure to see this page with cute mermaid coloring pages for children. I hope you enjoy coloring these mermaid coloring sheets for adults!
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
The best printer paper for coloring pages
I recommend using 32 lb bright white paper for coloring pages. It’s thicker than copy paper, which means it’s less likely to experience bleeding and feathering. It’s also smoother for a more enjoyable coloring experience. If it’s out of stock, the HP 24# paper is the second best choice. It’s still thicker and brighter than standard paper and it cost a couple of dollars less than the 32# paper.
- Made in USA: HP Papers is sourced from renewable forest resources and has achieved production with 0% deforestation in North America.
- Heavyweight premium printing: HP Premium32 is a heavyweight (32 pounds), brighter (100 bright) and whiter (163 whiteness) paper with a super-smooth...
- Certified sustainable: HP Premium32 presentation paper is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and contributes toward satisfying credit MR1...
Pencils & markers for adult coloring
I love Copic markers, but they are pricey and can be hard to find. My favorite markers for “everyday” coloring are inexpensive Crayola Supertips. They’re affordable, easy to find, and fun for kids and adults. They have a fine tip for details, but can also be used on the nib’s side for broader areas of coloring.
The caps on Supertips markers usually don’t look quite like the marker ink. This is a common issue with markers – virtually all markers look different on paper than they do on the cap. You may want to swatch out your markers for a better idea of their exact color.
- Sold as 50/ST.
- Markers have tips that are smooth, not scratchy.
- Fine line markers with a versatile tip that draws thick or thin lines.
Prismacolors are, in my opinion, the best colored pencils for coloring. I enjoy coloring with pencils because they don’t feather and bleed like markers can. Even the “student” lines of Prismacolor colored pencils are softer and creamier than brands like Crayola. Prismacolors color easily and are great for blending.
- Soft, thick cores are perfect for shading and shadows
- Ultra-smooth, even color laydown
- Lightfast, richly saturated pigments
For some extra mermaid sparkle, color these pages with gel pens. Even if you don’t want to color the whole sheet with gel pens, you can add accent sparkles. Check out this post for the best gel pens for coloring, including a budget pick that actually colors well. The short version is that the pens shown below are the best overall and best budget pick:
These mermaid coloring pages are lovely, aren’t they? I’m really enjoying coloring them. I hope you do, too.
Free printable vintage mermaid coloring sheets PDF
The coloring sheets are shown in groups to help this page load more quickly, but each sheet has its own page in the printable PDF. License and PDF download information are located below the previews. Look for the row of purple arrows pointing the way.
I hope you enjoy these adult mermaid coloring pages! Make sure to check out these additional free printable coloring sheets here on The Artisan Life: